*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913919-Playing-the-Social-Security-Office-Game
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1578384
You never know what you'll find - humor, ramblings, rants, randomness- it's all me!
#913919 added June 24, 2017 at 9:03pm
Restrictions: None
Playing the Social Security Office Game
(playing catch up - for blog June 21)

Not necessarily a game but a reality nightmare.

I got here early before it opened and got in the line outside. The line is similar to black Friday outside Walmart offering the lastest video game system. And of course now I need to go to the bathroom.

I get in and of course set of the alarm checking because of my artificial knees. So I get scanned by the policeman and everyone is staring at me like a criminal though I look less threatening than 95 percent of these people. But hey it is always the innocent looking ones, right?

People watching here is more interesting than a bus station. The guy sitting across from me has the strangest tatoos on his leg. I think it might be an underwater scene but things are really out of proportion. For some reason it is strangely unsettling.

They dont call the numbers in order so when you hear someone calling the next person your heart speeds up with anticipation.

I am not mentally ready for this game. My husband was disabled a year and half ago by a stroke and yet I am still playing this game of him being denied.

Hey, I just made it passed level one! I got checked in. Basically that just means they make sure I am still here and havent expired during the wait. But captain tatoo is gone so thats a bonus.

Now the guy in front of me works at a body shop. I know this because thats what his uniform says. His name says Peace. Thats pretty cool.

Im not sure the air conditioner is working. Maybe they are trying to sweat us out.
I better save my phone battery; looks like I will be here awhile.

Wish me luck,
Audra

© Copyright 2017 audra_branson (UN: abranson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
audra_branson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913919-Playing-the-Social-Security-Office-Game