*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914822-Bibliomancy-fridge-and-poems
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#914822 added July 6, 2017 at 3:55am
Restrictions: None
Bibliomancy, fridge, and poems
"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS [13+]
Go to a book you're currently reading, and turn to page 56. On that page, go to the fourth complete sentence. That's your prompt...at the end of your entry please list the title, author, and sentence.

Bibliomancy…I love it…so here goes…!

I hear music when I think of the 1,000-year-old pilgrimage to the shrine of St. James in the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela, known in English as the Way of St. James and in Spanish as the Camino de Santiago. Over 100,000 pilgrims travel to the city each year from points all over Europe and other parts of the world. (Wikipedia). I hear music because this is a sacred road, a sacred pilgrimage, and a very difficult path to walk since I am familiar with walking long distance footpaths these days. Wow, to be able to walk 1454 kilometers, 904 miles is awesome. I heard a story the other day of a Dutch man who wanted to walk this path and had trouble with his Achilles heel like I am having now from my walks during my holiday but kept determent to do so. He kept going but slowly and he continued his trip against all odds. His landlady got a postcard after a few months that he had made it, nonetheless. He had arrived in Santiago the Compostella in Spain. I think this is so awesome and special…to be able to walk all that way, to keep going even in pain and to finish this milestone. Chapeau!! *Heart*

[From: The Larousse Encyclopedia of Music, edited by Geoffrey Hindley (1965); page56; 4th sentence: By the 12th century it had become so large that it needed two players, as we may see from several paintings and sculptures of this period, especially the glory portal of the cathedral of Santiago the Compostella.]



*Right* Look in your fridge and tell us the first 10 things you see and then with those 10 things create something. (BCoFs)

I find lettuce, cooked chicken, tomatoes, eggs, milk, butter, olives, dried tomatoes, slices dark grain bread, and old cheese in my fridge. So I make myself a really tasty omelet on dark grain bread. Mmmm!!



*Right* Prompt: "In language gentle as thine own: whispering in enamored tone sweet oracles of woods and dells and summer winds in sylvan cells." Percy Bysshe Shelly Let this quote inspire your Blog Writing today. (BC)

This reminds me of sweet love poetry. Since I am in love this sentence speaks to my heart. My lover is in real life a man without many words. But he is also a poet so he has surprised me with a few awesome, sweet poems, especially made for me. It touches my heart and soul every time this happens. In the beginning, I was curious when I heard nothing from him through email for say an hour, but then he came up with this beautiful poem. Now I know that when he’s not available for a chat online, he’s creating something beautiful. To be with such a lovely and creative soul is the best that happened to me in a long time. I feel blessed and very happy!


Petra & Arie


© Copyright 2017 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914822-Bibliomancy-fridge-and-poems