*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914898-Fun-Fact-Friday-Online-Shopping-Pockets-First-Admendment
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#914898 added July 7, 2017 at 1:43pm
Restrictions: None
Fun Fact Friday: Online Shopping, Pockets, First Admendment
Friday, July 7, 2017

"The First Amendment freedom of religion is as important today as when the Bill of Rights was first written."
Arlen Specter

The Fun Fact Friday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
On this day in 1994, Amazon.com was founded in Seattle, Washington under the name "Cadabra." Will shopping online ever fully replace buying stuff from stores?

Online Shopping Versus Shopping in a Brick and Mortar Store

Will shopping online ever fully replace buying stuff from stores? No! While shopping on line is fun, convent, and a good way to avoid crowded stores on holidays it will never replace the joy of feeling the dress fabric with your bare hands or trying on a blouse, skirt, dress, or pair of slacks in a fitting room when shopping with your friends. Another advantage of shopping offline is yard sales and secondhand stores. An online secondhand store or yard sale might be nice, but in these cases I like to examine the items closely before I purchase them.


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1695
Different age brackets approach pockets differently, so with that in mind... what's in your pocket? What might be in a 16-year boy's pocket? What might be in a 24-year woman's pocket? Or a 76-year-old man's pocket? Have fun!

Pockets

What are pockets used for? I have no idea what other people put in their pockets, or if the use them to hold anything. My mother used the pockets in her food server's uniform to hold stuff she needed to use when she was waiting tables. Otherwise, she left her pockets empty. I use my pockets to hold my smartphone, house keys (when I leave the house), and small miscellaneous items I might or might not use during the day. When I'm home--my house keys hang on a hook over the wall calendar--my phone remains in my pocket when I'm not using it because it has an app the counts my steps.


The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1210
"In today's climate of divisiveness has many champions of the First Amendment on edge. It's difficult to handicap what the current political environment is going to do for free expression." What's your take on this quote? Agree or Disagree

Religious Freedom

I suspect--and this is only my personal opinion--that most politicians today consider the religion they were raised, or the religion of their constituents (in most cases they are the same), as being the only valid religion. This means that they will defend that religion above all other religions. This is understandable, considering that before the twentieth and twenty-first centuries, the only, religions many encountered were either Christianity or the Jewish religion. However, the world and culture are changing because today America is becoming (if it isn't already) a multi-religious society. In a multi-religious society all religions need to given equal respect and protection.


"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution

Freedom of Speech

Freedom of speech
doesn't give anyone the right
to bully and degrade other people
no matter what how different their cultural background.

Freedom of the Press

The press has the right and duty to investigate political or any other type of rhetoric. Once it has investigated the contents of the speech to determine (1) its truth and (2) if it is rhetoric. Once it has accomplished then it need to publish--either in newspapers, news stories, or online blog--the true statements verses the fake news with the sources it used to establish the truth or falsehood of the data in the speech.

© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914898-Fun-Fact-Friday-Online-Shopping-Pockets-First-Admendment