*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/915938-Creation-Saturday-Writing-on-My-Mind
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#915938 added July 22, 2017 at 12:49pm
Restrictions: None
Creation Saturday: Writing on My Mind
Saturday, July 22, 2017

Blanks:
An unfinished poem discovered when I cleaned out a desk drawer.

What does it feel like to be a blank?
Spaces fill with emptiness,
Containing/contain nothing.

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1225
Since yesterday's prompt totally bombed, I'm going to toss it out to you. Write about whatever's on your mind on creation Saturday as Norb calls it. Have fun!

Writing on My Mind

This week, I cleaned out the bottom left desk drawer on my computer desk. I placed the papers containing ideas and unfinished writing projects on the wooden television stand, which usually holds my coffee cup and a picture of 'Abdu'l-Baha. I didn't realize I had so many unfinished poems in my desk. I can't simply let them lay, I have to finish them or throw them away.


Writing
and rewriting
are on my mind.

I found one idea, from 1999, with the working title Letter to God. Along with the title and some words was a quote by Rene Szanto Febermann: "...I could not find any sleep, so I sat down and poured out all my troubes into a letter to God..." The words on the paper were definitions for surcease and sequestration.

Surcease: cessation; end.
Sequestration: removal or separation; banishment or exile; a withdrawal into seclusion; retirement.

Where did I find those definition? I have no idea. What was going on in my life in 1999 that, I thought, was so stressful. I have no answer to that question. How old was I when I got the idea? I was 52 or 53 depending on the time I year I got the idea. Why didn't I start or even finish the letter? I sure I was interrupted, and, by the time I returned to the project, another piece of writing caught my attention.

Writing
and rewriting
are on my mind;
finishing the entries in "Bicentenary Poems and Prose,
the essay or activity for "Invalid Item,
and some of the half-finish poems from the desk drawer.


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/915938-Creation-Saturday-Writing-on-My-Mind