*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916178-Some-Sayings-of-Brother-Turiyananda
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#916178 added July 26, 2017 at 12:09am
Restrictions: None
Some Sayings of Brother Turiyananda
In loving memory, here are a few snippets of Br. Turiyananda's sayings as [an SRF devotee] has written them down. Of course, for a total multimedia experience you have to add, in your mind, Brother's heavy accent!
"Our behavior during the day makes our meditation at night."
"Drop it, and you have to drop it fast!"
"Lord, I would like this very much, but please don't give it to me!"
"TV re-energizes the bad samskaras of sex and violence. If you take regular baths in low vibrations, you cannot ascend higher."
"Thoughts have the power of materialization. Therefore you have to change your process of thought. There is no other way!"
"Stop worrying about the future of the world. Surrender your life to God."
"All my life I have taken care of this body and of this mind, and when I die I discover I am not this body and this mind, and all my life I have taken care of somebody else."
"You have to be honest and say, Lord, I may have this question but I know I don't understand the answer."
Brother liked to quote St. Bernadette Soubirou: "For those who believe, nothing needs to be explained; for those who don't believe, nothing can be explained."
"Lord, if You forgive me the little jokes that I played on You, I will forgive you the big one You played on me!"
"If you want non-violence, the first thing you have to do is turn off television."
"Don't give too much time to the world. Let the dead bury the dead, as Christ said. Anyone who does not at least spend one hour daily in meditation, is as good as dead."
"The Lord is stingy with those who are stingy with Him."
"You will know who is your guru when God is satisfied with your sincerity."
"When doing the Recharging Exercises, invoke a reverential feeling. God Himself has given these exercises to Guruji. You are to be embraced by God as Christ Energy."
"Maya will give you all sorts of things to rob you of better things."
"Anything which strengthens your mind is your friend; anything that weakens your mind is your enemy."
"You have to learn to immediately counteract any negative thought. It's an unseen warfare!"
"Avoid at all times to find yourself in situations where there is violence or riots so you don't involve yourself in mass karma. Especially TV revives those bad trends in us."
"God will help you much more if you willingly discipline yourself. Otherwise He will use the 2-by-4!"
"Stay away from all horror movies because you may attune yourself to that level."
"Remember the Bushido code: Complaints are for the weak!"
Some Sayings of Brother Turiyananda, Part 2
BROTHER TURIYANANDA
THE MIND
1) The key to all power is in the mind.
2) If the lunatic mind can be put behind the bars of self control, then you can have joy.
3) We are controlled by:
Waves of thoughts - the causal body
Waves of emotion - the astral body
Waves of desires - the physical body
These three can only be controlled by meditation.
4) We have just come out of the darkest of all dark ages. We carry samskaras (seeds of all these thoughts) both in our subconscious and superconscious. We must not awaken these through our thoughts.
5) Change your process of thought; there is no other way. The universal disease is stress. Nature is reacting to human stress. In Dwapara Yuga the conscience is emerging, but man is not following it and this creates stress.
6) If you wish to change the frequency of your vibration, change all your thoughts and actions to the positive.
7) Shield yourself from negative thoughts by positive thoughts.
8) Avoid thoughts of violence - NO TV!!
9) Our inattentiveness to the motion of our own mind is our great failing.
10) You must be fanatically positive in order not to stimulate past karma seeds.
11) The ceaseless, restless motion of the mind keeps us from feeling the intuitive voice of conscience.
12) How can we surrender a mind we can't control to a God whom we don't know?
HEALING THE BODY, MIND AND SOUL
1) Ignorance of your own divinity is the source of all disease of body, mind and soul.
2) Through meditation and positive thoughts you can re-educate every cell in the body and change your body, mind and soul, including genetics. You will then be in Cosmic Consciousness.
3) Wrong thoughts impede the perfect thought (causal) body. Wrong thoughts open portals for specific diseases.
4) If you are sick:
a) Do E.E. 2 to 3 times a day
b) Practice healing affirmations
c) It is imperative to defeat the subconscious and its suggestions.
5) Brother said he had TB as a child and was ridiculed for weakness; said he had scarlet fever 3 times; he collected diseases! He overcame them by will and affirmation.
6) Regarding depression- if it is severe, see a doctor; practice the presence; have short intense meditations and more prayer. Brother used the vibrations of music-Beethoven (especially harp and violin). You have to fight like a lion.
ENERGIZATION EXERCISES
1) The mind has to be convinced about energization.
2) All of us have disease in our bodies, minds and our emotions. We must get over it by energization.
3) You are working on your physical, astral and causal bodies in the exercises. Disease has to be removed by the harmony of all three bodies.
4) What is will power? There are two parts:
a) desire
b) enthusiasm- the greatest conductor of will power in your spiritual life.
5) Problems develop from underaction or overaction of life energy.
6) To become spiritual involves biological regeneration. The attention at the C.C. is vitally important in order to draw in the lifetronic energy that heals.
7) You must do every exercise with devotion.
8) EE helps to transcend body identification, energy identification and thought identification. There is a definite re-engineering at the cellular level to get us ready for the cosmic current.
TECHNIQUES AND MEDITATION
1) The science of yoga is the gradual dimming of the senses; then the energy comes in.
2) Evaluate how much time you are spending with the world and how much time you are spending with God.
3) Long steadfast practice of Hong-Sau helps the mind to stop and helps pranayama to develop.
4) Through Kriya Yoga gradually one is immune to astrological forces.
5) The entire feeling of peace and power at the end of meditation must be consciously transferred to the entire brain in order to change our brains.
6) If your techniques are not working, look at your attitude toward your Guru, toward life, etc.
7) The goal of relaxation is to gradually disassociate the mind from the body.
8) The moment you are calm in meditation, the top of your head opens and millions of light energy units come down to harmonize the body.
CRITICISM AND COMPLAINING
1) Master said that there are two cancers that eat at the foundation of the spiritual life: criticism of others and complaints.
2) Complaints are for the weak. Brother said he writes his complaints on a piece of paper, signs it and throws it away.
3) Criticism is pride. Pride has destroyed more spiritual qualities than anything else.
4) Whenever you think something negative about another, you magnetize or draw that quality to yourself.
5) Take care not to criticize weak individuals.
6) Criticism is a spiritual crime! Daya Ma told him that he was deathly allergic to bees because he had been so critical of others in a previous life & had wallowed in others' filthy ways. It was all still in his subconscious.
7) You need to use mental Kung-Fu. As soon as you criticize someone, pray for that person and beg forgiveness.
HUMILITY
1) Through the valley of humility, you will find the ocean of divine love.
2) Humility is a true sign of God contact.
3) Spiritual pride is the most destructive of all.
4) Defeats make you very humble. You don't judge anyone anymore.
5) The length of time it takes for you to apologize to someone you've hurt indicates the caliber of your mind.
6) You must fling yourself at the feet of God. Humility is the most important quality.
MARRIAGE
1) Friendship is the purest relationship between individuals; marriage should be based on friendship.
2) Married life is a school of humility.
3) In marriage we fail because we fail to bring out the greatness in each other by our misbehavior.
4) When one partner is not spiritual in marriage, the spiritual one must completely attune himself (herself) to God and then give to the spouse.
RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHERS
1) Be kind at all times. That opens the channel for God's love.
2) Be kind to everyone in every possible way and God will share His strength with you.
3) If you cannot love someone, then pray for that person.
4) Trying to convert others is only an ego trip. Master should only convert.
5) You cannot advance spiritually if anyone can get to you and cause you animosity and hurt.
6) When you leave your body, you won't be judged so much for what you've done wrong, but by the good that you haven't done.
7) Completely remove self-pity from your life and the need to be understood by others. The only ones who completely understand you are God and Guru.
8) By your love your pets are spiritualized.
9) In the end we are all the same size; no size at all.
10) The more you forgive, the more karmic law will forgive you.
LOVE AND DEVOTION
1) One of our greatest failings is not knowing how much God loves us.
2) We have to become like the naughty child who held his mother's arms so that she couldn't spank him. We have to do this with Divine Mother.
3) It is not that we develop devotion; it is that we become receptive to the inflow of God to us.
4) When you give all personal emotion to God and your love becomes unconditional, God will come.
5) We all suffer from loneliness. Brother said he was crying in his room and opened Imitations of Christ and read a passage that said, "My son, why do you wait so long to come to Me?" Brother said he cried even more.
6) Think of God's love coming to us through the stars, the earth and nature of all kinds.
7) You should only be concerned about feeling the love of God and surrender.
8) If you feel God's love from time to time, you've got it! Nothing else matters.
9) The moment you become possessive with your love from God, then you lose Him.
10) When man begins to worship the Divine Mother, he will begin to respect women. He will then become a better person.
11) Stop 50 times a day and say, "My Lord, I have not forgotten You".
THE GURU
1.a) According to the Indian scriptures, it is utterly impossible to find our way out without the guru.
b) The guru's body is like a drop of water and his consciousness is the ocean.3) The guru brings two gifts:
1) Salvation - divine parole in which the disciple awakens his soul power but still has to go through trial period.
2) Divine amnesty - the heart must be free from all desires.
4) The guru takes on the karma of all his disciples in all three worlds.
5) There is nothing in creation that can convey the divinity of an avatar.
6) Master came to teach us to feel the love of God, not love for God.
7) Look into the eyes of the guru all the time. Have a big picture right in front of you.
8) The pictures of the gurus are real because they have Cosmic Consciousness; we are unreal.
9) Brother said that he never said, "I know Master wants me to
10) A Christian abbot told Swami Ramdas (a yogi Brother met in Switzerland before coming to the ashram): "In the Christian religion we believe that man has to acquire virtue before he goes to God". Ramdas replied, "Does a dirty child wash himself before going to his mother? No, he goes dirty and she washes him". Brother said that our guru does that; but with a wire brush!!
11) Master said to a disciple, "I want you to make a pilgrimage to all the holy places in India". The disciple said, "Okay, Master." Then he picked up his bag and walked around Master 3 times and said, "There, I've done it." Master said, "Fine."
12) If you worry about your spiritual progress (seeing the spiritual eye, hearing Aum etc.) or if you say you don't want to reincarnate again, you have not fully surrendered to the guru. You lack complete faith in him.
13) If you get in trouble with God, your guru will intercede for you. But if you get in trouble with your guru, run for the hills!!
DISCIPLESHIP
1) A 13th Century moslem said, "It is better to be the slave of a great master than to be the slave of your mind".
2) It is more important that you know at least 5% of the teachings and practice 95% of that, than know 95% of the teachings and practice only 5%.
3) Do you realize that everyone has to become an "Olympic champion" before he can go back to God?
4) You must be a conqueror of yourself - a Genghis Khan, a Napoleon - the world's greatest strategist!
5) Never identify yourself with momentary flashes of error.
6) The disciple must sacrifice his unspiritual consciousness.
7) Qualities minimally required of a disciple:
1) Faith - our face must not be a Doubting Thomas
2) Gratitude
8) You will know who your guru is when God is satisfied with your sincerity.
9) With implicit obedience you will gradually emerge from sense slavery.
10) If you read Master's poem “Samadhi” every day of your life, a great change will happen in your consciousness.
11) Surrender is the key. The greatest obstruction to surrender is the desire to maintain our good and bad habits - anger, mental laziness, moods, criticism, likes and dislikes.
12) The more intimate your relationship with Master, the more you will know when to surrender and when to fight.
13) The progress of a yogi is in direct proportion to his ability to endure the pain of transformation.
RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD
1) Each one of us is so irresistibly beautiful as a soul. That is why God loves us.
2) Those who do not spend some time with God every day are spiritually dead.
3) Each morning affirm; "O Lord, I have no desires", even if you have desires.
4) It's not how much you suffer that counts, but how much you remember God when you suffer.
5) Only when you increase your intuition through superconsciousness will you know what role you should play.
6) When you become an instrument of God, you have a responsibility to not obstruct the love of God.
7) No matter what happens, know that God has cut off 50% of our karmic retribution.
8) Once you become a spiritual person, God won't let you drag your feet.
9) God doesn't accept our failures after a certain time.
10) God will willingly help if you are disciplining yourself or God will hit you with a 2x4!
11) Humility, perseverance and devotion will make us aware of God during a dry period.
ENVIRONMENT (INCLUDING MEDIA)
1) Your hidden, negative seeds of karma are magnetized by evil company.
2) Avoid situations where riots or violence are possible; you can be drawn into mass karma that is not your karma. (Brother said that he never went where there were large crowds).
3) Brother said that Master called Los Angeles the Benares of the West where the darkness is the darkest and light is the lightest.
4) The evil people in the world are active and the good people are watching TV.
5) Don't think, "There are negative people around me". That is a lack of love.
6) Never see horror movies. Don't read occult or satanic books. Don't tune in with that vibration. Do you think that stuff isn't real? Where do you think it comes from? From the lower astral realms.
7) Movies mostly stimulate your subconscious mind.
8) Television automatically energizes seeds of violence. You can not watch someone beaten up without being affected. You may think it's only a movie, but it definitely affects you.
9) You think the violence on TV isn't affecting you. It is on a subconscious level. If you watch cops and robbers and then turn it off to meditate, it will be much harder. The more advanced you get, the more sensitive you get.
10) If you find that you're having trouble watching too much TV pray, "Lord, manifest to my inner sight. Be Thou real unto me that I don't have to entertain my mind with pictures that are unreal."
11) On the spiritual path the #1 enemy is television. It takes your mind away from God; it drugs you; you stop thinking.
12) You know, the television will take away your life. It really will.
MISCELLANEOUS
1) Pray slowly or you won't concentrate.
2) You have no idea the power you have when you pray.
3) When you ignore your conscience, you feel confusion.
4) Human law is very limited compared to cosmic law.
5) Regarding will power - watch how you get out of bed in the morning if you want to see much will you have.
6) Ceaselessly dwell on the positive aspects of life.
7) Have rational desires. Want only what you need. Live a simple life. Intensify your practice of the presence; you will weaken your desires.
8) You have no individuality except for the soul. Every incarnation you rent a new body and mind - like Avis!
9) To those who believe, very little needs to be explained; to those who do not believe, very little can be explained.
10) When you see Daya Ma in dreams, you have caught her working on you.
11) Due to the karmic restlessness of your mind and the grossness of your emotions, you are in too gross of a state to observe your soul's growth.
12) When you are in a negative state, if you could see the forms approaching you with all kinds of suggestions......
13) Self pity is a great pitfall; heroism and courage are always need
14) Visions can be an expression of a higher center being opened, but not necessarily realization. If a vision is from higher sources, you won't need an interpretation of it.
5) Why do you hold the self (ego) so near, when you are so worthy of its loss?

© Copyright 2017 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916178-Some-Sayings-of-Brother-Turiyananda