*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916306-Master-Your-Thoughts
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#916306 added July 29, 2017 at 12:10am
Restrictions: None
Master Your Thoughts
Master Your Thoughts, Feelings and Desires.

One form of ignorance that afflicts the consciousness of most persons is being a slave to likes and dislikes. Do we realize how much they govern our lives? So much of what we do is motivated not by understanding of what is right or wrong but by irrational feelings of attraction or repulsion within us. A primary tenet of a spiritual life is learning to rise above this likes and dislikes of the body-identified ego, to allow expression of the higher discrimination of the soul.

This does not mean negation of life, or that you cease to enjoy things. It means you cease to be bound by the habits created by likes and dislikes, which perpetuate in you the delusion of being limited, mortal being.

"You must remember", Master would say to us, "that you are made in the image of God." But is the image of God this little body and mind and five senses, which are so limited and experience comparatively so little? No. The image of God in us is the soul. The human mind and body are only outer instruments through which the soul expresses. You will always be bound by ignorance and limited by the body and senses if you allow them to dictate to you: "I like this, and therefore l do this, l don't like that, therefore l won't do that."

Our soul discrimination must always be the master of our thoughts, feelings and desires. Encourage yourself to do little things that you ought to do but don't like to do, and do them with the consciousness, "This is not so bad after all. This is good for me." Begin with small things, and you will find how, little by little, your soul becomes free.

© Copyright 2017 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916306-Master-Your-Thoughts