*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916333-Writing-Influences
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#916333 added July 29, 2017 at 12:52pm
Restrictions: None
Writing Influences
Saturday, July 29, 2017

Written While Reading Spirit Suite
By Michael Fitzgerald

The music of God's laughter echoes,
generating holy passions
in the stones.

As the century comes to an end,
God's whimsical grace reverberates
resurrecting the lions of God.

Mystery cast its reflection,
transporting us the the New Jerusalem,
in the blue reason of the spirit.
(Written between 1996-2000)

DAY 1232 July 29, 2017
Who or what are the most important influences on your writing?

Writing Influences

The first authors to influence my writing were those I read when I was growing up. I started out reading romance stories, but those soon got boring because the heroins or whatever the female protagonist was called at the time kept getting themselves into problems that only the male protagonist could extract them from. Even though the titles of the stories were different the plots and characters (even though they had different names) were almost always the same. I moved from romance to science fiction and fantasy which had more of an influence on my stories. I also write poetry, so different poets have an influence on my poetry.


Right now, I am writing a series of 200 poem dedicated to The Blessed Beauty (Baha'u'llah); therefore, I am reading The Sufferings of Baha'u'llah and other books containing His writings. I am posting the poems in "Bicentenary Poems and Prose and I have 75 completed. The deadline for these poems is October 22, 2017, which is the bicentenary celebration of His birth.

© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916333-Writing-Influences