*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916378-The-Sunday-News-Aggression--and-Spices
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#916378 added July 30, 2017 at 12:14pm
Restrictions: None
The Sunday News: Aggression and Spices
Sunday, July 30, 2017

Happy Sunday!
Today is Father-in-Law Day,
National Cheesecake Day,
and International Day of Friendship.

The Sunday News prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
This week, US President Donald Trump encouraged police to use more aggression   with people they arrest; many police departments are speaking out against this rhetoric. How much force is really necessary when arresting the average criminal?

Aggression Begets Aggression

I dispute the idea that police departments or any other law enforcement agency needs to get more aggressive with criminals. Sometimes force is necessary, but not in all cases. Sometimes the only thing being aggressive results in is more aggression from the opposite party. It's bad enough that some law enforcement agencies use racial profiling (no matter what they say) to determine if a person should be stopped for a minor violation and arrested. Encouraging aggression on the part of law enforcement in response to a non-life threatening situation is only going to turn the situation into a life-threatening situation.


I also dispute the idea that there is an average criminal. I don't think there is an average criminal anymore then there is an average human being. Every human being is simultaneously different and like every other human being. Just as most criminals have traits that are different from other criminals while sharing traits that are like other criminals.
The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1233
If you could choose only one condiment to use for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
Variety is the Spice of Life

Because variety is the spice of life,
I can't chose just one condiment;
I need variety
to keep my muse goosed.


So don't take away my condiments,
without them
my food would be bland
and my muse naked.

© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916378-The-Sunday-News-Aggression--and-Spices