*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916611-Virtually-Yours---Day-1
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#916611 added August 2, 2017 at 10:02pm
Restrictions: None
Virtually Yours - Day 1
Backpacking S. America.

Blogging Challenge - Day 1

Virtual trip to South America--- August
f you’re up to some adventure in August than you’re in for a good time, this year we’re going to South America. Grab your swim suits, sun screen, bug spray and good walking shoes for the daytime and dancing shoes for the evening. You know you need a vacation! Stay tuned I’ll be posting more info as it gets closer to Aug 1st.

We’ll be meeting in Miami and spending one night there before flying as a group to Venezuela. Don’t forget to have a checkup before you go. Please make sure your passport and travel documents are in order, some places may be a bit dangerous if there not. 13 countries in 30 days. Travel alerts we need to be aware. Please don’t wander or get involved in any disturbances. Or take public transportation on your own.
https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings/venezuela-travel-wa...
https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings/colombia-travel-war...

Aug. 1st Miami, Fla.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34438-d85193-Reviews-Hilton_Miami_Airp...
We're at the HIlton for convenience. We can't be in Miami without hitting the dance scene.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductDetail-g34438-d11449266-Miami_Dance...
Highlights
90-minute Miami dance cruise. Capture the lit-up skyline of Miami as the boat travels through Biscayne Bay. Cut loose to top Billboard hits and favorites from many genres spun by a resident DJ
Take the party to Miami’s waterfront with this 90-minute, evening dance cruise on Biscayne Bay. Admire Miami’s majestic skyline at night while cruising from the Bayside Marketplace to Miami Beach and back. Dance to the latest club hits and songs from a variety of musical styles — on the open-air deck or take a seat inside the air-conditioned cabin — as the resident-professional DJ spins the tunes. This family friendly party has no age minimum. Full-cash bar with beer, wine, soft drinks and snacks is available on board the boat.


Looks like we have another fabulous group going on another virtual adventure.... a fun, safe way to travel - especially where we are going: South America. I felt a bit daunted by the travel alerts, but I know we will be safe so long as we stick together and play nice... like we always do. *Bigsmile*

Lyn's a sly fox has us booked into a wonderful hotel by the airport for the first night in Miami. I have to agree with kitee when she thinks Lyn might be sweeting us up before we head into the great unknown, but I trust Lyn and know we will be just fine. I doubt many of us have really been to South America before and this way to start will settle many nerves. And for those of us who don't have any trepidation, it will be a chance to get a good night sleep in a nice bed.

It was so good to see all my friends again. I have missed them. Life sure has a way of taking you offline and emerged in reality. But for now I appreciate the camaraderie. Lyn's a sly fox andFivesixer were there early to great everyone and get us on track. It is always great to see them. I also recognized flameblower, Jellyfish-Vote Green on May 2! , Prosperous Snow celebrating , and Sally . So happy they are along, it just would not be the same without them. There were also some new faces - Apondia and SandraLynn Team Florent! . It was great to meet alI of them. I just know we will have a blast of a time.

Since we all were arriving at different times and from different places, it was lovely that Lyn had us going on a dance cruise later in the evening. It started around 9 pm and gave a rousing 90 minutes -that was just the right amount of time to chill in before grabbing a good night sleep before our adventure tomorrow.

I also love to dance and listen to music so this was great for me.. Since I have been to Miami before I was looking forward to a new way to see the city and this brought it.

The last time I was in Miami I had a quieter, more beach-time kind of trip. I was glad to get in to town early and made sure to take a dip in the ocean, as well as get some sun time before heading to my favourite rib place for dinner.

All in all, I will admit I was happy to see my bed later that night. I was surprised that sleep came, as I was so excited for what was to come.


© Copyright 2017 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916611-Virtually-Yours---Day-1