*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/917171-Virtually-Yours---Day-9---Rio-De-Janeiro
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#917171 added August 10, 2017 at 10:09pm
Restrictions: None
Virtually Yours - Day 9 - Rio De Janeiro
Backpacking S. America.


Blogging Challenge - Day 9 - Rio De Janeiro

Aug 9th our final day in Rio de Janeiro
Angra dos Reis Day Trip and Schooner Cruise
https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductDetail-g303506-d11447456-Angra_dos_...
Dinner is at the hotel this evening because we depart early in the am.
RISTORANTE ALLORO Traditional Italian recipes with the healthy and light flavors of the Mediterranean. An extensive cellar with worldwide selection will delight wine lovers. HOURS Dinner: 7:00 pm to 11:30 pm (daily)


Journal:
Today is a five hour cruise with stops to swim and snorkel. Now that is my kind of day. I am up and ready to go for our 7 am pickup. Though the cruise is 5 hours, the day is full with all the stops. We are not due home until 9 pm. My kind of day. Natural and swimming... now that, is heaven. I will most definitely need my sunscreen, sunglasses and hat today. The weather was perfect.

Our tour guide, TT aka Tina Turner was very entertaining. The bus ride to Angra Dos Reis was about 3 hours and she made the ride fun and entertaining by providing historical information and showing off her singing skills. Many of us joined in. She speaks good English and since our group was all English she did not have to incorporate any of her other languages. We took turns teaching her some new phrases and she taught us some of hers as well.

Lyn had assured us there would be a hot and cold buffet lunch on board the boat and I am grateful because I did not grab much for breakfast. The buffet we enjoyed had steak, fish, chicken, rice and beans... all onboard our schooner.

The views were amazing. It felt like we were in another whole world. I think the best part was being able to plunge into turquoise waters around Angra dos Reis for a relaxing swim. After yesterdays walking and dancing, this was a blessing.

The scenery was amazing. Did I say that already. Our guide told us that there were around 300 scattered islands that make up this area. That is just... too wonderful.

We got to stop at the Ilha Cataguases (Cataguases Island), a gorgeous spot with white sand beaches and clear, blue-green water perfect for water activities. Water polo anyone?! After that we continued sailing to Lagoa Azul (the Blue Lagoon), Praia de Freguesia de Santana (Freguesia de Santana Beach) on Ilha Grande and the pier on Piedade Island. So beautiful. So peaceful.

When we returned from our cruise we were returned to our hotel. After such a sun filled day everyone seemed quiet and happy.
Dinner was at one of the hotels restaurants - the RISTORANTE ALLORO - which served traditional Italian food and some amazing wines. I sipped and savoured; only to happy to sit back and enjoy the company, before I toddled back up to my room and wrapped myself in my cosy bed for the night. tomorrow is supposed to be an early start.... and possibly a new country.


© Copyright 2017 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/917171-Virtually-Yours---Day-9---Rio-De-Janeiro