*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/917206-GuitarMuseumsCity-life-in-Paraquay
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#917206 added August 10, 2017 at 9:40am
Restrictions: None
Guitar/Museums/City life in Paraquay


These are beautiful scores by a great artist who lived from 1887-1944.

Book for Today: The News From Paraguay by Lily Tuck (a 2004 novel which won a National Book Award for fiction)

Quote:I would like especially to mention you, the women, wives and mothers of Paraguay, who at great cost and sacrifice were able to lift up a country defeated, devastated and laid low by an abominable war. ... You lived through many difficult situations which, in the eyes of the world, would seem to discredit all faith. Yet, inspired and sustained by the Blessed Virgin, you continued to believe. ... God bless your perseverance, God bless and encourage your faith, God bless the women of Paraguay, the most glorious women of America.By Pope Francis

Asuncion is a city with many parks where families gather in the evening to enjoy social interaction and the coolness of the evening.

Did you take time to enjoy the inter courtyard of the Hotel Boutique? Once again we have landed in a haven for rest and relaxation. Off we go into the heat to explore the culture of the city in its many museums. The countries priceless heritage is broken into several museums.

They hold different types of artifacts. One of my interests was stimulated by the collections of maps made at different times in history of the Paraguayan State.

Scores of music from Paraguayan masters who became known worldwide are saved in the museums. We were able to view the very guitar that was played by Agustin' Barrios Mangore. This is the music from the YouTube.or video above.

I spent some time walking in the streets of Asuncion. The main streets are fairly safe because they are paroled by police on motorcycles. Actually police are found on every block. There seems to be a bank on every corner that are protected by security people carrying guns. Even though, there are many high end stores familiar to New York city and familiar stores like McDonalds, Fridays, and pizza Hut; Street Vendors are allowed to set up and have many different types of merchandise, sunglasses, many colored fabrics, scarfs, etc.

Watch out for traffic. There are no stop signs. As in many South American countries the honking of horns to warn vehicles as they flow through intersections is a regular sound. Drivers who are used to the system do not seem to have any problem avoiding crashes or crunching each other.

The Museum Viola House is a representation of past living accommodations. It is a saved part of the city with a black smith house and a house with grass roofing included in the artifacts it preserves.


Merit Badge in Blogging
[Click For More Info]

Congrats on winning 3rd Place in the May 2017  [Link To Item #30dbc] !

Aug 10th Flight to Paraguay is at 6:00am
We’re staying at La Mision Hotel Boutique
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294080-d1156903-Reviews-La_Mision_Hote...
We’re off and running people
What to Expect --Your tour begins with pickup from your hotel before 8am by your private driver and guide who will accompany you throughout the day.
One of the leading exponents of the treasures is undoubtedly La Casa de la Independencia, where you will visit for approximately 1 hour. You will then move to the Memory Museum of the City in the Viola House, a group of houses of the time, the museum where you can view some objects of colonial times and other relics exposed longer for about an hour.
Then, arrive at the Andrés Barbero Ethnographic Museum, which is owned by the Foundation "La Piedad" Entity Civil Relief and Culture, administrator of Barbero heritage, and continuer of his family's philanthropic purposes. You will spend approximately 30 minutes in this museum.
Next, you will visit the Music Museum for about an hour. It has been completely renovated and has several rooms where the artists who took their music internationally are honored. Valuable objects are kept inside, such as the guitar that belonged to Agustín Barrios Mangore, harps and other wind instruments.
Continue your journey to the Museum of Fine Arts, which has just opened new headquarters in a heritage building in the city. Art of the seventeenth century and early twentieth century, as well as Paraguayan Art from the nineteenth and mid-twentieth centuries are exhibited here. The central theme of the museum is the introduction and development of the concept art in Paraguay. It has permanent and temporary exhibitions in its halls.
A little farther outside the city, another treasure is the Visual Arts Center Museo del Barro, where you will spend approximately 2 hours. Within, you can visit the Museum des Arts Contempo Contemporanea, the Museum of Indian Art, and the Museo del Barro with 4000 pieces.
At the end of the tour around 2pm, you have the option of returning to the city center or staying in the area of the Museo del Barro. During the tour you will have free time to take photos or for a snack (not included).
https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductDetail-g294080-d12472540-Private_Se...
Don’t get too comfy, you do have time for a brief siesta before we’re off A 6-hour evening package designed for people with little time during your stay in Asuncion. Tour the capital of Paraguay at night then be whisked away to a typical restaurant where you will enjoy dinner accompanied by a live show. Depart from your hotel in the evening and head for a night out on this historic town. After night falls you will have the opportunity to get to know nocturnal Asuncion and witness the spectacular lights of the Government Palace, the promenade that is a popular the meeting point for hiking, leisure, and recreation. Then, cross the main avenues of the capital, visiting New Asuncion, where the night comes to life with the shopping center, casinos, pubs, and bars.
During the night there will be stops of 15 to 20 minutes to see sites such as the Panteon de los Heroes, the Government House, and to take photographs.
At the end of the city tour you will enjoy a dinner in a typical restaurant accompanied by a live show with national artists. The dinner consists of beef, alongside various other meats which are cooked on a grill, called "parrilla" in Spanish, or an open fire. The Asado are accompanied by salads and manioc or yuca, similar to the potato.
After, you will be taken back to your downtown accommodations at approximately midnight.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductDetail-g294080-d12472555-Private_To...















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2017 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/917206-GuitarMuseumsCity-life-in-Paraquay