*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/917132-Scooner-Sails-and-Islands
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#917132 added August 9, 2017 at 8:45am
Restrictions: None
Scooner Sails and Islands
Aug 9th our final day in Rio de Janeiro

Angra dos Reis Day Trip and Schooner Cruise
Adventure to the islands of Angra dos Reis on a 5-hour guided cruise
Enjoy a hot and cold buffet lunch on board the boat
Plunge into turquoise waters around Angro dos Reis for a relaxing swim
Following pickup at your Rio hotel, board your comfortable, climate-controlled vehicle for the approximately 3-hour ride to Angra dos Reis.
When you arrive in the picturesque town on the water, featuring architecture from the 1500s, board the schooner and set sail. Find a spot on the boat to relax and watch the idyllic tropical scenery glide by, including Angra dos Reis' almost 300 scattered islands.
During your 5-hour cruise, make several stops where you can choose to swim, snorkel, or stay on the boat. Stop at the Ilha Cataguases (Cataguases Island), a gorgeous spot with white sand beaches and clear, blue-green water perfect for water activities. Continue sailing to Lagoa Azul (the Blue Lagoon), Praia de Freguesia de Santana (Freguesia de Santana Beach) on Ilha Grande and the pier on Piedade Island.
During the day of exploring, enjoy a buffet lunch of steak, fish, chicken, rice and beans onboard your schooner. After the 5-hour tour of Angra dos Reis' islands is finished, return to land and board your vehicle for transportation back to Rio and drop-off at your hotel.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductDetail-g303506-d11447456-Angra_dos_...
Dinner is at the hotel this evening because we depart early in the am.
RISTORANTE ALLORO Traditional Italian recipes with the healthy and light flavors of the Mediterranean. An extensive cellar with worldwide selection will delight wine lovers. HOURS Dinner: 7:00 pm to 11:30 pm (daily)




Today's Book: Caribbean by James Michener

Quote: "Not all who wonder are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien reference: http://www.islands.com/travel-quotes#page-3

The sunshine, heat, water, islands slipping by; I found a comfortable seat and just enjoyed the day like a drive in the country. Only, it was partly riotous and noisy watching the people dive and swim. The beaches were a lovely white golden color. I took a book to read thinking I would, but instead, I just watched the jungle homes and swimmers having a good day. So much to see. An early dinner at the hotel and up early in the morning for our next stop. I need a rest for sure.

Merit Badge in Just Because
[Click For More Info]

In validation of your comments on my blogs! *^*Smile*^*



© Copyright 2017 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/917132-Scooner-Sails-and-Islands