*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/917303-Polo-Anyone
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#917303 added August 11, 2017 at 9:50am
Restrictions: None
Polo Anyone
Aug 11th breakfast at the hotel .. Paraqvaria has the mission of conquering its customers through the senses, combining the best blend of aromas, flavors, colors and music.
Open from 6:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. a.m. 7 days a week and has a staff of chefs, waitstaff, baristas and harpers who ensure that that sitting at the table becomes a feast for your senses .We’re taking a mid-day flight to Buenos Aires, Argentina.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g312741-d877688-Reviews-Urban_Suites_Re...
Breakfast is included and I’m told the coffee is amazing but not today. Change into casual clothes because we’re going horse back riding
https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductDetail-g312741-d11455406-Polo_Lesso...
Experience the thrill and speed of an Argentine polo game as you learn to play polo with professionals on a private half-day tour from Buenos Aires. Learn the rules of the game, then saddle up for two 45-minute lessons and master the basics of horse riding and hitting the ball. Best of all, there’s no experience necessary, so the whole family can take part.
You will depart from a central meeting point in Buenos Aires, then to the countryside where professional, bilingual instructors will welcome you to start the lesson.
Depending on the group, there will be a theoretical explanation about riding techniques and then it’s off to ride the horses. Once everyone has been secured and is ready, instructors will show how to hit the ball as well as many other necessary skills. They will also talk about the rules of the sport and finally, once everyone is ready, we will play a polo game.
The normal plan is to play on horseback up to two sessions lasting about 45 minutes each. Here, you will truly experience what it is to be a polo player and how fun the sport is. Instructors will be with you at all times, helping you and offering insight on the culture of polo in Argentina.
After a fun game of polo, you can relax and enjoy time in the Argentinian countryside, before heading back to Buenos Aires.
Showers and we’ll meet up in the lobby. I don’t know about you I’m ready for a good old fashion burger joint.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g312741-d4170372-Reviews-The_Burge...
Very good price , good atmosphere , and most importantly flavorful burgers . We decided to get the combo which included a draft beer , burger and fries . Two combos came to 400 pesos which is $23 US . Very fair price for a good meal for two in Palermo SOHO district .
And we’re off to a bit of nightlife
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g312741-d1427242-Reviews-JA_Lo_de_...
The best way to describe our night with JA! is that by the end of our tasting, the language gap between our party and the staff.Thank you to all the kind people of JA! who made this night incredible (including all of those outside of our tasting who simply wanted to make us feel like we were at home). I will be back and bringing new first-timers soon!




This was done for Reeling in your readers character

Book for the Day: The Complete Guide to Polo by Lauren Thorpe (Amazon has this book for $32.75)
Reference from Google: About rules to play polo and map of Argentina

The map is from lonely planet maps found by searching: Google Map of Argentina

Quote:" Playing Polo is like trying to play golf during an earthquake" by Sylvester Stallone (http://www.quotehd.com/quotes/words/Polo)

Just thinking of playing polo makes me wish for a long quiet ride on a horse. I only have one word of advice for all you riders out there who are thinking of trying out a well trained polo pony. If you are used to signaling the horse with a squeeze of your calf and expect it to move away from the pressure, look out. Polo ponies are trained the opposite of Hunters and trail horses. They move toward the pressure of the leg, because in a match the twists and turns are sudden. The hose needs to stay under the rider in order to keep the fast paced game moving without unseating the rider. Horse back riding is one of the world sports in which females and males are equal, when participating.

Polo ponies are thoroughbreds or thoroughbred crosses. I once owned a King Ranch bred cross between a thoroughbred and a quarter horse. The gelding was a blood-red color with a black mane and tail and stood 17 hands tall. He was very talented as a hunter and I rode him in cross country events. In the superstitious, psychic society where I live horses and riders are not respected members of a normal society.

Polo was entered into the Olympic games in 1938. Unfortunately, horse events are becoming less a part of the games. Even though, more people take up horse back riding in the later years of their lives. When you are a child you want a pony. When you get a job and become settled in work with an income you can afford to indulge your childhood whims.

It was really nice to visit a restaurant with excellent hamburgers and fries. This is Argentina where Angus is a popular ranch product. I skipped the night life and went back to the Boutique for a rest. One thing good about horse back riding you never need to wonder if you worked out or got your required exercise for the day.

This was done for Reeling in your readers character Happy Trails in Argentina.

© Copyright 2017 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/917303-Polo-Anyone