*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/917368-Gouchos-and-Tango
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#917368 added August 12, 2017 at 7:09am
Restrictions: None
Gouchos and Tango
August 12th
https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductDetail-g312741-d11446059-Small_Grou...
Dust off your cowboy boots for a day on an authentic estancia (ranch) and see Argentina’s legendary gauchos (cowboys) demonstrate their unique horsemanship and wrangling skills. This small-group full-day tour takes you to San Antonio de Areco, where you can saddle up for a horseback ride or carriage ride, enjoy a traditional folklore show and tuck into a typical Argentinian barbeque (included). ust off your cowboy boots for a day on an authentic estancia (ranch) and see Argentina’s legendary gauchos (cowboys) demonstrate their unique horsemanship and wrangling skills. This small-group full-day tour takes you to San Antonio de Areco, where you can saddle up for a horseback ride or carriage ride, enjoy a traditional folklore show and tuck into a typical Argentinian barbeque (included)Your tour begins with hotel pickup from your centrally located hotel in Buenos Aires. Board the vehicle and drive to San Antonio de Areco. On the way there, you can enjoy the views of the pampas and receive some explanation from your guide.Hit the showers because we’re off to see a Tango Show.https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductDetail-g312741-d11452421-La_Ventana... you’ve got an appetite. Enjoy a memorable night out in Buenos Aires and experience the passion of the Argentine tango at an evening La Ventana tango show. With live tango and folk bands, a gaucho demonstration and a moving tribute to Eva Perón, this is one of the city’s most unique tango performances. For the full experience, kick off the night with a delicious 3-course dinner.OverviewEnjoy a memorable night out in Buenos Aires and experience the passion of the Argentine tango at an evening La Ventana tango show. With live tango and folk bands, a gaucho demonstration and a moving tribute to Eva Perón, this is one of the city’s most unique tango performances. For the full experience, kick off the night with a delicious 3-course dinner.What to ExpectAfter hotel pickup, head to the cobblestone streets of San Telmo, the birthplace of tango and the oldest barrio in Buenos Aires. Arrive at a conventillo, a historic tenement restored and now used as a restaurant-theater, where La Ventana takes place.As you stroll through the theater’s preserved architectural interior, travel back in time to the tango grandeur of the early 1900s. If you’ve opted for dinner, arrive 90 minutes before showtime and dig into a three-course meal featuring a wide array of Argentine and international dishes, accompanied by Argentine wines. See below for a sample menu. Or, if you chose the show-only option, slip into your seat in time for the performance, and enjoy provided wine or soft drinks.Two tango orchestras and an Argentine folk music group provide live accompaniment to the five smartly costumed couples on stage, who grace the stage with sensuality and breathtaking precision.Listen to both Spanish and indigenous styles of music from the bands as well as vocalists. Get a glimpse of the gaucho culture, or Argentina’s version of cowboys, through a demonstration of boleadoras, used to wrangle livestock.After the show closes with a moving tribute to Eva Perón, our driver takes us back to our hotel.


This was done for Reeling in your readers character
It will be in the 60 degrees all week in Argentina with humidity in the 76 range. Excellent riding weather.

Today's Book: Gauchos & the Vanishing Frontier by Richard W. Slatta ( You can buy a copy at www.thriftbooks.com)
Quote:“Me hacés una gauchada?” – Spanish for “Can you do me a favour?” "The hero wanders of the Pampas. The romanticized lawless cowboys. The free-living legends of the Argentina society. Once nomad cowboys of the vast fertile grasslands. A horsemen envisioning himself as a centaur – a half-human, half-horse."
http://www.kulturstudier.no/blog/blog/

Today I feel so misplaced. I think I belong in Argentina. These are a people who know the worth of having a horse. In the estances (ranches) I visited, the real west was depicted in everyday life. La Rosita has a Christmas holiday when you can ride with gauchos, learn tango, take lessons in polo, rest in the shade in a comfortable chair, swim in a pool to cool off and other ways to enjoy the holiday.

San Antonio De Areco is another place to live the life of the Gaucho. I also saw a Gaucho festival. Here the women know how to dress in long flowing dresses that give them freedom to ride even in the cattle roundups. Many of the horses wear bridles of silver or leather decorations. Saddles are built in comfort for long hours of riding for horse and rider. children ride ponies decked out like real gauchos and ride the roundups with grownups. Parents sling there children up to ride double and away everyone goes to bring in the cattle or the horse herds or participate in other ranch work.

Some of the most famous of Spanish and Classical Guitarist come from Argentina. I have been listening to music from the guitar today and yesterday.

I enjoy the tango it is an energetic movement danced to energetic music. With everyone out on the floor dancing tango; Jellyfish, Sandra Lyn, Blue Moon, Lady Lyn, Carly, Spacecat--We all took pictures on our phones and sent them off to Lady Sally Sunspear. What a night.

spring butterflys
Happy Trails Gauchos!













apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2017 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/917368-Gouchos-and-Tango