*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/917950-THE-GOD-CALLED-MONEY
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#917950 added August 20, 2017 at 12:07am
Restrictions: None
THE GOD CALLED MONEY..
The more I think about it the more convinced I am that the real God around these days is money.. India is a classic case of this ever pervasive God.
In maths there is a value given to X. Depending on that value the whole equation will depend and all its out comes. Today the. Equation is Happiness is equal to Money. The more the money the more happiness one will enjoy in life. With this equation deeply embedded in your brain you are sent out as an adult into this world.... The parents have done their duty to give you the education to make this happen.. I have seen painfully women with both their feet in the mouth of yama well into their eighties discuss real estate prices for the benifit of their grand children. Steeped in rituals devoid of spirituality that naturally comes with old age their God is money. In the west the slide down to painful isolated living started decades ago... India is catching up....

The problem lies with the ability to discriminate. The mind is given lot of information without the ability to discriminate. You essentially give value to something that does not have the value. Let's say I Phone 8 gives happiness. Then every one who gets iPhone 8 should be happy. Or let's say 5000 square feet pent house gives happiness. Then everyone who gets it should be happy. Or let's say a million dollars. You are trying to give value to something which does not have that quality. So it is.with the equation money equals happiness. A discriminating mind will tell you that resources can help in getting things you need but beyond that it has no value. Certainly it does not have the value of happiness.
To compound the problem further the consumerist society tells us that it's quite alright to desire something even if you do not have the resources to have it. Take the loan now. This has killed the happiness of many because they are now chained in debt. The fear that already exists is compounded. So while one May have lot of things around the sense of calm balance and simple well being goes missing. Because of this all relationships are affected in a negative way.. The education system works to feed this new consumerism and takes pride in how much the students earn as an ideal for others to emulate.
The to be parents have a huge role in the well being of the future generation. I can't see either the governments or the education system doing anything meaningful .....

What is frightening today are the rise of so many ashrams which have managed to make spirituality a business model where the money God reigns supreme. But this for another day.
You have a role here to understand this issue correctly and live a life to match this understanding. Spiritually speaking all practices in some way or the other help develop discrimative mind. Without this we make too many mistakes and value those that have no real value. Then only the mind gets ready for higher knowledge
Love and blessings

© Copyright 2017 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/917950-THE-GOD-CALLED-MONEY