*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918539
Rated: ASR · Book · Activity · #2127490
The place where I will put my Game of Thrones things
#918539 added August 26, 2017 at 6:12pm
Restrictions: None
Three choices, which one to take. WC 766
FORUM
Game of Thrones  (13+)
Returning in April - Prep starts March 1st
#456789 by Gaby ~ Keeper Of The Realm

This HUGE game is a month long and takes everything you've got plus some to get through. There's reading of all genres and types, with reviews to follow. There's writing of all sorts that can be done. Each person playing is on a house team. The House teams are named for the HBO tv show Game of Thrones which was created from the book series. While you don't have to watch the tv show, or read the books to figure out how to play the game, even if you do it still doesn't help from what I understand.
All you have to do is follow the rules set out by Gaby ~ Keeper Of The Realm (Gaby). They are simple rules, like the poems cannot be longer than 40 lines. Stories must be 1000 words or less. Reviews must be 1000 characters with out the writing ML (emogies and colors.) The reviews much have a house banner and be affiliated with the Iron Bank Bravvos. Everyone can go to the main forum and see what different members have done. Each house has their own special room to plot and plan their "attacks" and cheer each other on. THe point of the game is to have fun and to beat the other teams in points.
There are things outside of the main forum that game players can participate in. These other forums include The House of the Undying, where a team member begins a story and tags another game player from a different house to continue the story. There's the House of Black and White where the writing prompts are listed. The players go to the forum and sign up for the prompt they want as long as anther team member has not already posted they want the prompt. The Wheel of Torture is a place that can be a great thing or it can be a bad thing. Most of the time it's a place of hard work and time consuming things to do. The good thing about the Wheel is that you can easily gain points for your team just by spinning and getting to rest for the rest of the day. Your next spin will be in 12 hours. The bad thing about the Wheel is the exact opposite. You mess with the wheel and got caught your team looses 1,000 points. Other times you spin and things become time consuming and problematic. One spin would be you have to go to the Newbie group and do a review for every guest that is a member. There could be upwards of 6 to 20 members. Finally the Red Wedding. This forum is a battle place. House player verses House player. Christopher Roy Denton chooses to battle Cadie Laine to a writing battle of poetry. Cadie Laine then has to accept or decline the challenge. Each has 24 hours to complete their challenge. If Cadie decides to decline she cannot get back into The Red Wedding for 72 hours. This could be a good thing, giving her a bit more time to complete other projects she may be working on or it could be a bad thing because she enjoys battles she knows that she can at least handle yet can't do for 72 hours.

Three choices, what are they and what does my character decide? That's the prompt I chose for House of Black and White. Right now this game takes precedence for the last week of this month. The choices I have to make have my mind going in so many different directions, I am feeling a little scatter-brained. What am I going to write for my House of Black and White prompt? What am I going to write for the House of the Undying? I haven't started that one yet either. I also have a class that I began this week and am already behind on. Exploratory Writing Workshop. This class is intense and I haven't started on that one either.

I think at this point the choice is clear for right now in that I've chosen the House of Black and White. This is my story for this prompt. To write about how this wonderful game works and what it takes to be apart of a community of people that come together once every 13 months and have fun trying to win each other out.
Whether this is the correct choice would be a matter of opinion. Bob who is the teacher of the Exploratory Writing Workshop class would say I need to get my assignment done so that I don't get behind. Time will tell if I made the right decision.

First Image for my signature
© Copyright 2017 Cadie Laine (UN: iamrighter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cadie Laine has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918539