*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918549-Machu-Picchu
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#918549 added August 26, 2017 at 10:02pm
Restrictions: None
Machu Picchu
August 26, Yup I’m spending my 61st birthday withyou in an airport waiting for the weather to clear so we can fly.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294318-d309716-Reviews-Belmond_Sanctua...
Yes, we’re going to a Sanctuary Yes, it is very expensive but early in the morning we get to go directly to the Citadel. Plus the hotel treats you really well. They arranged the bus back down for us and made sure our suitcase was taken care of on both sides of the trip. It's a once in a lifetime experience so why not splurge if you can. Also, the meals and grounds (gardens) were wonderful and the pisco lesson was an excellent time. One other bonus -- we were able to hike Huayana Picchu (the 7am entrance) come back, shower and breakfast.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g294318-d668949-Reviews-Machu_Picc...

dinner is at our hotel, You can join everyone in the restaurant or have room service. Me, I'm going to have a piece of cake and a cup of coffee.


         Another flight, but this time we flew to Peru. We met a crowd of waiting fellow tourists from several countries such as Germany, Hungary, and the States. We were all queued to catch a bus to Machu Picchu. Time passed agreeably as we chatted and shared travel tales.
         Oh, wow, the long wait for the packed bus was worth it. Machu Picchu was beyond breathtaking as it appeared before me in the morning mist. It was magical. The beautiful sunrise illuminated the carved stones/rocks. It appears to be an entire community created from stone and erected onto a mountaintop One set of peaks seemed to be embracing, or sheltering this ancient village. The remnants of buildings clung to the hillside in tiers, or steps. This is believed to be a former Inca settlement. They lived at one time perched high on a mountain, looking down onto a valley and river.
         Defensively, it was a perfect site. No one could sneak up on them and surprise them.
         I hiked and climbed, filling my eyes with one of a kind vistas. Llamas wandered amongst us tourists, and they seemed to pose for photos quite willingly.
         We regrouped at Belmond Sanctuary Lodge our new hotel with luxuriant gardens. I for one was famished and more than ready for a hearty meal. I opted to dine in the restaurant where I could enjoy the efforts of musicians. I requested that they play 'Happy Birthday' for Lyn's a Witchy Woman . There's nothing like a roomful of well wishers toasting your continued good health. We did manage to find some cake to consume, too. We shared some laughs as we attempted to create the local cocktail, the pisco sour. Huh, I now know there is a liquor with the name pisco. I liked the addition of lime to it, but what was with the egg whites? There is no accounting for taste!



© Copyright 2017 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918549-Machu-Picchu