*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918759-Cusco
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#918759 added August 28, 2017 at 1:03pm
Restrictions: None
Cusco
August 27,
We’re spending more time exploring ruins, we’re definitely getting out exercise before leaving Cusco.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g294314-d6825394-Reviews-Peru_Inka...

dinner is at our hotel, You can join everyone in the restaurant or have room service.


         We are most definitely getting our exercise. I imagine the ancient Incas had incredibly toned, muscular legs. How could they not? Living and thriving on a mountainside, they obviously had to climb and hike.
         Today, we explored Cusco another Incan site. This one is considered the Historical Capital of Peru and designated a World Heritage Site. Historians also believe that Cusco was the capital of the Inca Empire.
         It's situated in a strategic spot atop a mountain. Nowadays, it appears to be verdant. Each stone-walled level built into the side of the slope seems to have once been a garden plot. What a clever way to be agrarian.
         The granite blocks are immense and precisely fitted together. This is a testimonial to the original builders. The Inca were an ambitious people not afraid of manual labour.
         I huffed and puffed as I explored. Pausing to catch my breath, I soaked up the amazing scenery. There is something mystical about an endless blue sky, majestic mountains standing as sentinels, and all-encompassing mist.
         The ever-present llamas provided comic relief. They mingled amongst us awe-struck tourists, and actually posed for photos. Their toothy grins proved they are not in the least camera-shy.

© Copyright 2017 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918759-Cusco