*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/919718-Celebrating-Birthdays
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#919718 added September 3, 2017 at 12:12pm
Restrictions: None
Celebrating Birthdays
Jamál (Beauty), 16 Asmá’ (Names) 174 Badi - Sunday, September 3, 2017 CE

I officially stopped celebrating my birthday in December of 2012, the year my mother passed into the Abha Kingdom1. I wish my siblings a Happy Birthday, if I remember it's there birthdays. If I forget their birthdays, then I wish them a belated birthday the next time we talk. I participate in some of the writing.com September birthday events. The only two birthdays I care to celebrate is the Birth of the Bab and the Birth of Baha'u'llah.


As a child, I never enjoyed birthdays, probably because my birthday fell on Christmas Eve. I didn't feel anyone cared to make my birthday or me feel special on that day. The only people who seemed to care about my birthday was my mother and grandparents. My siblings would wish me a happy birthday, but they seemed more interested in cake, ice cream, and opening one Christmas present after I opened my birthday present. Mom seemed to be the only person who cared to make my birthday feel special by taking me to do something special a day or two after my birthday.

This year is the 200th anniversary of the Birth of Baha'u'llah. I am celebrating by writing 200 poems dedicated to the Blessed Beauty2. I seem to be doing all right on the poem because I have 49 days to go and 49 poems to finish.

Footnotes
1  Baha'i heaven
2  One of Baha'u'llah's titles.


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/919718-Celebrating-Birthdays