*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/919793-What-is-Beauty-and-Poem
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#919793 added September 4, 2017 at 4:59pm
Restrictions: None
What is Beauty? and Poem
Monday, September 4, 2017

"The first act of awe, when man was struck with the beauty or wonder of Nature, was the first spiritual experience."
Henryk Skolimowsk

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 1267
What is beauty to you? How would you describe beauty?

What is beauty? According to dictionary.com beauty is "the quality present in a thing or person that gives intense pleasure or deep satisfaction to the mind, whether arising from sensory manifestations (as shape, color, sound, etc.), a meaningful design or pattern, or something else (as a personality in which high spiritual qualities are manifest)."1 This defines, but really doesn't answer the question because each individual has their own definition of beauty.


Beauty is a rose
whose silken petals open
at the break of day.

What is beauty? Beauty is a a tantalizing scent. Beauty is a musical note. Beauty is the feel of silk. Beauty is a smile. Beauty is a warm fire on a cold day. Beauty is a working air conditioner in triple digit temperatures. Beauty is a cat rubbing against your leg. Beauty is a dog jumping up on you because he is glad you're home. Beauty is individual to each human being.

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1754
Use the following words in a story or poem: piano, feed, steep, fish, support, alluring, planet, ridicule.

Poem

Walking along the steep paths of life,
I inhale the redolence of dawn...
a flower opening to a new and alluring day.


As I walk,
I realize my choice is simple,
but not easy.

I can feed the fish of humanity
as they swim through the ocean of Life,
or I can ridicule the inhabitants
of my planet while ignoring their plight.

I chose to play the piano of my life
with sweet chords that support humanity.

Footnotes
1  http://www.dictionary.com/browse/beauty


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/919793-What-is-Beauty-and-Poem