*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/920216-Sanctions
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#920216 added September 12, 2017 at 1:46pm
Restrictions: None
Sanctions
Tuesday, September 12, 2017

 World Peace  (ASR)
Open the Gate and let the cat in or let the dog out.
#2090334 by Prosperous Snow celebrating

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1275
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/after-us-compromise-security-council-strengt...
Do you believe sanctions accomplish anything at all? Or do they, in fact, cause more harm than good? Are you concerned about North Korea and the possibility of nuclear warfare happening? If so why? If not why?

Sanctions work if they are strong enough and enforceable. That being said, I don't think any of the sanctions the Security Council purposed against North Korea will work because they have no teeth. If the sanctions were backed by the majority of the members of the United Nations they would work, but until America and other UN members are willing to work together to enforce the sanctions North Korea will continue making and testing nuclear weapons, which will eventually lead to nuclear war.


Does the potential for nuclear war frighten me? Yes, especially since Las Vegas is probably within striking distance of a Korean nuclear missile. Is there anything I can do about it? I can pray for protection. I can get my affairs in order. I can place the situation in God's hands. If the opportunity comes up, I can contact my Congress person and encourage them to give more power to the UN to enforce sanctions.

Will American or any other nation on Earth give the UN more power to enforce sanctions? I doubt it!. At this point in time, most countries on Earth are acting like a bunch of stray dogs howling at the moon instead of a pack of wolves cooperating in a hunt or to protect the pack's territory. In this case the pack is humanity and the territory that needs protection is the planet Earth.

© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/920216-Sanctions