*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/920418-Bad-and-Good-and-
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#920418 added September 15, 2017 at 9:34pm
Restrictions: None
Bad and Good and ....
Irma is now a thing of the past, gone but not forgotten. The eye such as it was rumbled over Gainesville in the wee hours of Monday morning (9/11). Tonight on our local news I heard the highest winds recorded were 55 mph, tropical force. She blew herself out before she got here but, oh, the rain she brought made up for it. The entrance to my development was flooded, mailbox high. Thankfully, my house is on a rise, and my major damage cleared out the weak and dead wood from my pines.

Yesterday was my first outing since last Thursday, a whole week! My power and internet were off less than 24 hours and other than the water out front, I fared very well. My neighbor dragged out the heavier fallen limbs and I picked up the small stuff, loading it in my wheelbarrow and hauling it out to the curb for the debris people when they get around to us. That could be up to a month if last year's storms are any indication, but you won't hear any complaints from me. I think the stress of waiting for it (Irma) was worse than the storm itself.

My outing yesterday involved lab work, filling a prescription, and grocery shopping. Tomorrow I begin the long process of decreasing my Prednisone (it will be my third try), but I feel optimistic about this one because my sed rate was low so maybe my PMR symptoms will not return.

Also, tomorrow I am being interviewed about my Chicken Soup story by a writer with Our Town Magazine. That should be interesting...I'll be on the other end of the pencil. And I was selected as one of the artists to participate in our local Harn Museum's Mini Art Sale. I can paint whatever I want on a 6 x 6 canvas supplied by the Museum, and from November 21st through December 14th the paintings of the 75 artists selected will hang in the Museum. On December 14th the paintings will be sold (first come first served) for $40 each as a fund raiser for the Harn. So many nice things happening, I'm one of those people waiting now for the hammer to fall. I hope not.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2017 Happy May 2024! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy May 2024! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/920418-Bad-and-Good-and-