*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
4
6
10
11
12
13
14
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/921008-No-Scam-Here
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#921008 added September 27, 2017 at 8:53pm
Restrictions: None
No Scam Here
War Chest Wednesday! From a previous challenger...

Tell us about an experience where you felt like you were scammed. What did you think about it? Did you try to fight with the person or company?
         
         
         
         
         
         
         No, I have never been scammed. I imagine it would be an unforgettable experience though.
         Years ago, a female friend of my Mother's lost most of her inheritance. She had invested the sizeable amount of money with a man claiming to be an investment broker. He disappeared with the money of several people.
          Yes, she was devastated, but she was not left destitute. Before this happened, she owned her own home, and it was left untouched. She still could rely upon her pension, too. Basically, she lost funds that she had never used yet. She missed the opportunity to experience a life with more wiggle room, and less penny-pinching.
         This crime was reported to the police. Fast forward to a period years in the future. The culprit was apprehended, and an insurance company offered the victims a pay out. Yes, it amounted to far less than had been taken ,but it was a welcome gesture nonetheless. People were older and needed the money.

© Copyright 2017 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/921008-No-Scam-Here