*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/921062-My-Hubby-the-Distraction
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#921062 added September 28, 2017 at 8:07pm
Restrictions: None
My Hubby the Distraction
The Wildcard Round! This week's winner, as selected by the Virtual Dice, will receive 5000 GPs!

What are your favorite ways of avoiding the things in life you consider to be distractions?
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         Well, I probably would consider my hubby, my life-partner, to be my biggest, most noticeable distraction. When he and I are in close proximity, it's rather difficult to ignore him. He moves. He speaks. He wants me to accompany him on trips. He shares amusing anecdotes with me. He wishes to be fed. He tempts me with ice cream, or some other sweet treat.
         Lucky for me he is a long-haul trucker. Usually, he's away from home base for at least a week at a time. Occasionally, his absences last two or three weeks. I have become familiar with being alone.
          I am free to plot, plan, and post my blog responses. I can surf the world-wide web to my heart's content. I write where and when I wish. Often, I read. Meals become what I crave. The television remote control is handled by my own hand, and I choose what I view.
          Yah, when he's in residence, and feeling the urge to binge-watch so many programs ala Netflix, I find it distracting. He seems to choose either chick flicks, or action movies. Either way, the volume is guaranteed to be noticeable. He likes his surround sound. Writing to the backdrop of weeping violins, or booming ammunition, screeching car crashes, thundering avalanches, and the like is beyond distracting. He also has the habit of watching a movie, again, and not remembering having ever seen it before in his life.
         Bah, who am I kidding? I miss the big galoot. Some distractions grow on you...

© Copyright 2017 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/921062-My-Hubby-the-Distraction