*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/922694-Another-this-and-that
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#922694 added October 24, 2017 at 11:36pm
Restrictions: None
Another this and that...
I mentioned awhile back that a wooded area across the road from where I live has been razed with only a couple trees left standing. Soon there will be apartments, offices and something retail, one of those Kangaroo gas stations I suspect. Now, there are mountains of different kinds of dirt (sand, topsoil and limestone, I think) with miles of sewerpipe and waterlines perched above ground for the time being. Several retention ponds are being dug and some very tall berms have risen up for future privacy. I wonder where all the people will come from to rent these new units. Somehow they do seem to just appear. I suspect they will move from older complexes that will eventually become eyesores. Is this progress?

We are finally getting some cool weather, 40s predicted for tonight but 70s tomorrow. The Friends of the Library booksale is going on. I plan on going tomorrow so that after I can go to the Farmers Market nearby. I'm always up for art or writing books and just looking is so much fun. The Farmers Market has a lot of craft vendors as well as food so that should be interesting too. Cooler weather makes such a difference in outdoor aspirations.

I'm slowly, very slowly, reducing my Prednisone, 4 mg per day now. Some of my PMR symptoms are returning, flu like with a mild sore throat that comes and goes. It's a real brain tease not to cave. Going out and trying to stay busy helps keep my mind off it as long as I feel good enough.

My writing critique pod met today, several good stories, and we do have a great rapport, 2 nurses, an environmentalist, an anesthesiologist, and me. Somehow the me doesn't fit in that picture but there I am.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2017 Happy May 2024! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy May 2024! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/922694-Another-this-and-that