*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/923447-Ups-and-Downs
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2076320
A third blog? A good idea? A fresh start? A disaster? An omen? ...who knows anything?
#923447 added November 7, 2017 at 1:28pm
Restrictions: None
Ups and Downs

Another long gap between posts and nothing major to report. Life as usual is full of ups and downs, but I conclude that’s the way it is for most of us. You know I’m not one to complain, *Rolleyes* but it seems if it can go wrong it will, though I am still trying to be grateful.

I have discovered my brand new fitted microwave in my brand new fitted kitchen doesn’t work. After checking it had been installed correctly I contacted the makers who sent out an engineer. After dismantling it all and fitting a new motor it still wouldn’t work so he left with the promise of returning with a different spare part. After two weeks of hearing nothing I phoned again only to be told they could not locate the part, so I would have to get in touch with the suppliers to exchange the microwave for a new one. The problem is now I cannot contact the suppliers because they are updating their phone system and not able to receive calls. Oh well, I’ve never been a big fan of microwaves anyway.

After having a significant amount of work done on the house and now being responsible for all bills, my finances are tight to say the least. I rely on pension payments and was quite concerned when the largest one didn’t appear in my account on time. After contacting the Teacher’s Pensions department I was horrified to discover they had suspended the pension without any warning. The reason given was they had not been able to contact me. Seems they were sending snail mail to my old address and admitted it’s all their fault. However they cannot reinstate the pension for ten days for some inexplicable reason so I could find myself out on the streets in a cardboard box if my bills are not paid. Oh well, it’s only money and maybe I’ll win the lottery this week. Pink pigs just flown over again.

My sister stayed with me for a few days which made a pleasant change. After a late night and waking with delicate heads we decided to tackle moving my bedroom furniture round which was probably not a sensible choice. We ended up in a lather with aching muscles, but think we managed to make the room more practical. I had only bought one new thing for the room; a beautiful glass vase in glorious colours. Sadly the only thing we managed to smash during our furniture shifting session was the vase. Some of the other things I’d have been glad to be rid of. Oh well, it didn’t cost a fortune and I may find a better one in the future.

Son and family returned safely from Turkey and stayed over last weekend. I thought I’d missed them, but the chaos and manic activity came as a shock to the system after four weeks. Sadly my son has been diagnosed with diabetes which is upsetting and worrying, but hopefully medication and a better diet will help improve his health. Oh well, at least it’s treatable and It could be a lot worse.

And of course it’s my favourite time of year again. Hopefully the horrors of Halloween and Fireworks is now behind us, but the Humbug nightmare is well established. Should I not survive the teeth gritting music, the idiotic tv adverts, the manic crowds and queues in shops, the television repeats and the hysteria of children and those revelling in joyous spirit I’ll let you know. Oh well, it will come and it will go and I just hope to survive to see the return of spring and summer.



© Copyright 2017 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/923447-Ups-and-Downs