*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/924508-PRELIMINARY-AND-FINAL-TEACHINGS
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#924508 added November 28, 2017 at 9:15am
Restrictions: None
PRELIMINARY AND FINAL TEACHINGS
Master: Like the coaxing of a loving mother concerned with the sickness of her child who has eaten earth, and offers it a tempting sweet in which a medicine is wrapped, the cheering statement of the Vedas ‘Do your household duties – perform sacrifices – they are all good!’ means something different. It is not understood by seekers of pleasures in heaven.
When the Vedas enjoin: ‘If you desire fermented drinks and meat, have them by performing sacrifices; if you have sexual impulse, embrace your wife,’ the person is expected to desist from other ways of satisfying his desires. The Vedas aim at total renunciation only.
Disciple: In that case, why should there be these commandments at all?
Master: They are only preliminary, purvapaksha, and not final siddhanta.
Note that the Vedas which advise thus: ‘Drink the fermented juice – eat the meat,’ say later on ‘smell it’. Note also the commandment: ‘Desire sexual union for the sake of a child.’ Note again [the commandment] ‘Give up this also [i.e. sacrifice, marriage, wealth and other possessions]’. Note further that complete renunciation is not a slur on a sannyasin or a brahmachari. Understand the scheme as a whole, give up any desire for action, and thus you will gain beatitude.

© Copyright 2017 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/924508-PRELIMINARY-AND-FINAL-TEACHINGS