*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/924659-Ivy-and-Blips
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#924659 added November 29, 2017 at 8:23pm
Restrictions: None
Ivy and Blips
My goal for today was to get rid of the ivy that's growing up the brick on the front of my house, no easy job. It involves a spackling knife to carefully chop away the little ivy feet that eat into the brick and sometimes the mortar in-between. Usually, I'm bad and let it get waist high before I get to it...like today. But I finally got it all pulled down and chopped off. Mission accomplished.

It was a beautiful day for it sunny and around 80 degrees. While outside I noticed our Gainesville Regional Utilities were busy doing something to our underground utility box out front so it didn't really come as much of a shock to find my clocks blinking and my computer off when I came back in. Resetting and re-booting took around 30 minutes and interestingly my little on-line computer icon in my taskbar continued to be missing no matter how long I waited for it to appear. I loaded Chrome and the internet worked fine...but no little icon. I missed it. So of course I googled it and found I needed to click the taskbar, then properties, then custom settings to get it back...then re-boot again. Really, all for an electric blip. Makes a person think they need a backup battery.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2017 Happy May 2024! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy May 2024! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/924659-Ivy-and-Blips