*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/925074-What-Really-Happened
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#925074 added December 8, 2017 at 1:15pm
Restrictions: None
What Really Happened
Friday, December 8, 2017

“Earth's crammed with heaven...
But only he who sees, takes off his shoes.”
Elizabeth Barrett Browning, Aurora Leigh

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1452
I added a dab of this, a dribble of that and I stirred. Within seconds it was over ... Yeah right, now, tell us what really happened ...

What Really Happened

I found myself standing in the middle of a meandering garden path framed by succulents. Lining the path were patches of short green Germander, high yellow-green Mesquite, tall star-shaped San Pedro Cactus, Weber's Agave, and Mojave Yucca. I followed the path until I came to a stone patio, with round drum-like redwood planter. The patio was surrounded by tall Euonymous, which appeared to be watching over both the patio and the contents of the planters. Inside some of the planters, spring gold Arizona Yellow Bells bloomed along side blood red Geraniums. Other planters contained either green-brown Canna or dainty pale purple Lobella.


I paused in the center of the patio, inhaling the fragrance of a Mojave spring. I noticed a path leading from the patio, so I followed it. The path lead me to a swimming pool. The pool was surrounded by the weeping boughs of Shoestring Acacia and deep green leafed Sago Palms. Scattered among the Palms and the Acacia were purple Pansies, orange Coreopsis, tall Hesperaleo, and Dwarf Mock Orange bushes. Taking off my shoes and socks, I sat down on the edge of the pool, and dangled my feet in the water, while I reviewed the ingredients. I knew one of the ingredients had to have been magical, because it obviously transported me to another time, place, or planet.

I suppose it could have been a hallucination, but I have now been in this wonderful desert oasis, or perhaps its a desert paradise, for sevens days. Everyday I walk around around barefooted, talk to the plants, and swim in the pool. Each morning, afternoon, and evening I find food (usually fruit or vegetables) beside one of the plants. When I begin missing other animals (about two days ago) I found a pair of desert tortoises on the patio.

© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/925074-What-Really-Happened