*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/925104-Such-a-Shame
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#925104 added December 9, 2017 at 11:52am
Restrictions: None
Such a Shame
Saturday, December 9, 2017

“He felt more crypts cracking open inside of him; the stench he smelled was not decayed bodies but decayed memories, and that was somehow worse.”
Stephen King, It

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1453
"Such a shame. That boy had such promise." Shaking her head, she remembered some of the times she'd seen him...

Such a Shame

"Such a shame. That boy had such promise." Shaking her head, she remembered some of the times she'd seen him mowing the yards of all the senior citizens in the neighborhood. He always moved them on Saturday, beginning right after the vernal equinox and ending after the autumnal equinox. He never charged or accepted cash, but he would accept food, clothes, or any small gift homeowners gave him.


As she watched the police take him away in cuffs, her phone ring. Going into the kitchen, she picked up the receiver. "Hello, this is Anna Lockhart speaking."

"Hi, Emma."

"No, I just saw Office Coleman take Benny away in handcuffs. Do you know what happened?"

"His stepfather? Only Benny and his grandmother live next door."

"Where'd they find his stepfather's body?"

"Are they sure Benny murdered him?"

"Why did he kill his stepfather?"

"Oh, the bastard was molesting Benny's younger sister."

"Well that seems..." chills ran up Emma's spine, as she remember her confrontations with her stepfather. "Maybe I should have... Oh, I.. I was just think aloud. I'm going to hangup now, Emma. I think I'd better go next door and see if Benny's grandmother needs anything."

© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/925104-Such-a-Shame