*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/925195-Motivational-Monday-Aspirations-and-Worries
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#925195 added December 11, 2017 at 2:55pm
Restrictions: None
Motivational Monday: Aspirations and Worries
Monday, December 11, 2017

The second week of December 2017 has gotten off to a good start. I set and posted my writing goals for the week of December 11-15. I accomplished one of the goals by writing and submitting "Comfort to "The Not-So-Daily Poem. It is always inspiring and motivating to get, at least, one goal accomplished on the first day of the week. I set five goals this week, which is one more than I usually establish, because I have felt extremely motivated all morning.


*Box* Review a minimum of 4 items per day with one written by a newbie.
*Box* Complete poem for "Invalid Item.
*Box* Finish latest poem/prose entry in "My Life Is A Poem.
*Box* Submit an entry, either poem or story, to at least one contest.
*Box* Do a bit either port housekeeping and/or computer desk housekeeping this week.

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1852
Motivational Monday quote “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” – Harriet Tubman Use this quote to inspire today's blog entry. Be creative. Have fun.

Accomplishing Your Aspirations

One of the definitions for dream, in the Oxford Living Dictionaries1, is "A cherished aspiration, ambition, or ideal."2 I believe this is the type of dream Ms Tubman is referring to in this quote. To make this type of dream come true a person has to work for it, which means the individual needs to have passion for the dream, be patient while working to make it come true, and have the strength of will to continue pursuing the dream when confront by obstacles. Accomplishing one's goals, dreams, and aspiration is not easy, and sometimes it can appear impossible, but you have to continue pursuing your dreams. Sometimes the biggest problem to accomplishing you ambitions is the approach take, if one approach does not work attempt another.


The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1455
Can a legitimate worry motivate a person toward accomplishment? If yes, how?

Worry and Motivation

Can a legitimate worry motivate a person toward accomplishment? Yes, but it depends on the individual, the person's definition of legitimate worry, and whether the person just sits down and obsesses over the issue, or looks for a way to solve the problem that caused the worry. The main question to ask about a worry is "Do I have some control over the situation?" If the answer is yes, it is probably a legitimate worry, but if the answer is no, it is not a legitimate worry. In this case, the person needs to place the situation in God's hands and/or open a journal and rant. Sometimes venting about a worry and the problem that caused it helps to find a solution. If it does not help discover a solution, it will get the worry off a person's mind.


Footnotes
1  https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/
2  https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/dream


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/925195-Motivational-Monday-Aspirations-and-Worries