*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/925555-A-Thousand-Eyes-Staring-and-Intentions
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#925555 added December 19, 2017 at 12:55pm
Restrictions: None
A Thousand Eyes Staring and Intentions
Tuesday, December19, 2017

Inhale
the crisp morning air,
and whisper gratitude's prayer.

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for Day 1860
It Feels Like a Thousand Eyes Are ...

A Thousand Eyes Staring

It feels like a thousand eyes are staring down at me from the midnight sky. As I ascend the pass toward the Crest of No Return, I can feel them looking deep into my soul. I look up, they wink and blink, their stellar laughter echoing through my mind, and their questions reverberating through my soul. They give me the choice of turning back, to descend into the forest of shadows, or of continuing on to see the unknown land that spreads out on the other side of the crest. I pause, contemplate the decisions that have brought me to this mountain, whisper a prayer of assistance, and continue up the mountain.


The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1463
“A character is what he does, yes — but even more, a character is what he means to do.” Orson Scott Card
What a character means to do and doesn’t or does, did you ever consider that option in your stories? And doesn’t the same apply to us humans as to what we mean to do? What do you think?

Intentions

What a character means to do and doesn’t or does, did you ever consider that option in your stories? No, not intentionally. However, there are times, in a story, when I am writing in the zone that one of the characters does something that surprises me. It usually isn't out of character, but it is something I had not planned. It usually takes the character somewhere I had not intended.


Doesn’t the same apply to us humans as to what we mean to do? Yes, things like this happen. It is upsetting when they occur, but it can be useful. Incidents like this can reveal something about ourselves if we look at them closely because the usually occur in times of stress when, subconsciously, we wanted or needed to do something different than we did.

© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/925555-A-Thousand-Eyes-Staring-and-Intentions