*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/925934-A-Fresh-Start-for-the-New-Year
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#925934 added December 29, 2017 at 11:58am
Restrictions: None
A Fresh Start for the New Year
Friday, December 29, 2017

"You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down."
Mary Pickford

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 1473
As the year closes, one of the most courageous decisions you’ll ever make is to finally let go of what is hurting your heart and soul. Can you make the changes needed to begin the new year with a fresh start? Or is it safer to stay with what feels safe or familiar?

Is it possible to make the necessary changes to make a fresh start in the new year? Yes, if a person wants to, believes it is possible, and can stick with it--even when setbacks occur--throughout the year. It is difficult to break old habits. It is difficult to forgive, even when the only person you have to forgive is yourself. It is difficult to let go of old, outdated beliefs. It is difficult to let go of fears. It is difficult to get out of your comfort zone. It is possible to both forgive and let go, when you have sufficient reason.


Is is safe to remain in your comfort zone because it feels familiar? No, because remaining in your comfort zone does not develop your talents. Remaining in your comfort zone does no let your soul develop the spiritual attributes it needs in the world of the spirit. If you are not willing to get out of your comfort zone on your own, you will be pushed out by events happening in your life or in the world around you. Comfort zones cause stagnation, and encourage laziness.

Our hunter-gather ancestors left their comfort zone and migrated across the planet. That migration took the human race out of Africa (the cradle of humanity) to the fertile crescent. That migration cause the human race to dwell in every habitable climate on the planet. That migration created the rainbow that is the human race today. We are the results of that migration, and we are still migrating today. The reasons that encourage the present migration may be different from those that cause our ancestors to migrate, but it is still movement from one part of the planet to another.

© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/925934-A-Fresh-Start-for-the-New-Year