*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/925938-Meditation-on-2017
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#925938 added December 29, 2017 at 1:45pm
Restrictions: None
Meditation on 2017
Friday, December 29, 2017

2017 a stressful
and an awesome year
across the planet Earth.

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1870
Write a poem, short story or blog entry as a personal meditation or response to a nonfiction piece or news report covering a specific event from 2017. There certainly have been some interesting ones this past year.

In October of 2017, the world wide Baha'i community celebrated the 200th anniversary of Baha'u'llah.1 On December 19, the U.N. General Assembly censured Iran for it continued human rights violations against religious minorities, which includes the Baha'i Faith.2 These two events are symbolic of what is happening across the planet. Humanity is moving from its immaturity to its maturity, and, as a results, it has to confront outdated assumptions that divide into them and us.


Humanity
is a single species,
a single race of many colors.

When we look at each other, we see differences of color, religion, nation, and gender. God, the Unknowable Creator, love us all. Throughout history, the Almighty has proved that love by sending messenger to help us mature spiritually. Each of those messengers came at a critical time in the history of humanity and the Earth. Each reflected the attributes of God to us. Each was known by a different name, and called God by a different name; however, they came from the One Creator of the universe.

Today, many people argue over color, religious affiliation, birth nation, party alliance, gender, or anything else that makes someone different. This focus on the differences instead of the similarities causes prejudice, hate, war, and walls. The Earth is the home, the birth place, of humanity, and we are all citizens of Earth. It does not matter what part of the planet our family or ancestors came from because it was somewhere on Earth.

I give thanks
for all the messengers of God,
which blessed every part of the planet.

I am a Baha'i. I accept Baha'u'llah as the messenger of God for this day. I also accept Christ, Muhammad, The Bab, Buddha, Krishna, Zoroaster, Moses, and Abraham are messengers of God. I believe in the unity of humanity, the equality of men and women, the basic oneness of religion, and the oneness of God.

Footnotes
1  https://bicentenary.bahai.org/
2  http://news.bahai.org/story/1229/


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/925938-Meditation-on-2017