*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/926804-War-Chest-Wednesday-Getting-Off-Course-and-Gratitude
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#926804 added January 10, 2018 at 12:56pm
Restrictions: None
War Chest Wednesday: Getting Off-Course and Gratitude
Wednesday, January 10, 2018

"Let each morn be better than its eve and each morrow richer than its yesterday."
Baha'u'llah, Tablets of Baha'u'llah, 9. Lawḥ-i-Ḥikmat (Tablet of Wisdom)

War Chest Wednesday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS - From a previous challenger...
There comes a time when every life goes off-course. In this desperate moment, you must choose your direction. Will you fight to stay on path? Will others tell you who you are? Or will you label yourself? Will you be haunted by your choice?

Getting Off-Course

My life has gotten off course numerous times in the past. Sometimes I fought to stay on course, which did nothing more then cause my stress and increase my blood pressure. When I pondered the reason for the course change, I realized that I was going in the wrong direction at the moment my life went off-course. The new direction revealed new vistas and helped me learn about myself or my talents. At other time, I chose a new course and went with the tide that carried me forward to a new and wonderful experience.


All my life someone has attempted to tell me who I am, or what I should be doing. I found that if I listened to whoever it was, the advice didn't suit me. I found that following it, without thinking, usually made me unhappy because the advice pushed me in the wrong direction. I found that if I followed my gut instinct, intuition, that usually helped me go in the right direction. If a person prays and meditates on a regularly their intuition assists in making decisions on the direction they need to take.

Labeling yourself, and others, come naturally to human beings. It is something we have to fight all the time. We can overcome this bad habit if we are vigilant. As for being haunted by past decisions, I suspect we all do things and make decisions that haunt us. We just have to learn to let go, move forward, and attempt to make better each day than yesterday.

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1882
“Cultivating an attitude of gratitude begins with counting your blessings. In simpler terms, gratitude is expressing thanks for gifts we receive. Genuine gratitude helps us to see the little things in life that are often overlooked, yet so precious.” ― Dana Arcuri, Harvest of Hope: Living Victoriously Through Adversity: A 50-Day Devotional Use this quote to inspire a gratitude entry in your blog.

Gratitude

Gratitude is the best way to make to make today better than yesterday because it lets us focus on our blessings rather than our curses. Gratitude lets us praise instead of complain, and it helps us to be happy by letting us focus on what we have rather than what we don't have. We all have a great deal to be thankful for, but often we focus on our lack or the evil in the world around us rather than our abundance or the good in the world.


When we focus on what we don't have, it attacks negatives into our lives. On the other hand, when we focus on what have it attracts positives into our lives. Everyone on the planet has some type of abundance or wealth, it may be spiritual rather than material but it is still wealth. We have to refocus on attention on our abundance if we want to attract positive situations. The only way to refocus our attention is through gratitude.




© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/926804-War-Chest-Wednesday-Getting-Off-Course-and-Gratitude