*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/927118-Martin-Luther-King-Jr-Day-2018
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#927118 added January 15, 2018 at 12:28pm
Restrictions: None
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day 2018
Monday, January 15, 2018

"The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens."
Bahá’u’lláh,1

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1887: January 15, 2018
"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity." Martin Luther King, Jr. Use this quote to inspire your blog entry.

The Broader Concerns of Humanity

Today, we are living in a world of walls, walls made of color, nation, religious, partisan politics, gender, race, etc. These walls imprison the human race behind man-made mental barriers that segregate the species into armed camps of them and us. We have to free ourselves from the outdated superstitions and dogmas that create these barriers. As individuals, we need to learn to ask questions about our own opinions, the concepts we were taught as children, and anything else that generates prejudice and hate.


I have attempted for years to examine the prejudices I was raised with. Prejudices that separate me from the rest of humanity and from God. In those years, I have discovered thoughts that are individualistic, and selfish, concerns. I have attempted to change those opinions, in that attempt, I have grown spiritually. I have attempted to search for truth independently, through research and discussions with people of different cultural, social, religious, and national backgrounds. I have discovered that some of the ideas I was taught as a child were based on outdated superstitions and dogma.

I am still in the process of spiritual growth, and I don't think that will end as long as my soul is associated with my physical body. What will happen when the angel of death severs the umbilical cord connecting my body and soul, I don't know for sure. What I do know is, that once my body and soul are separated, my soul (in whatever form it takes) will continue to ascend toward the throne of the Almighty. My job (goal) on the physical plane is to focus on the broader concerns of humanity. In accomplishing this job I need to proclaim unity, not only the unity human race, but the unity of religion, as well.


Footnotes
1  Tablets of Bahá’u’lláh, 11. Lawḥ-i-Maqṣúd (Tablet of Maqṣúd)


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/927118-Martin-Luther-King-Jr-Day-2018