*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/927519-One-Night-In-Bangkok
by Sum1
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#927519 added January 21, 2018 at 8:49pm
Restrictions: None
One Night In Bangkok
Date: Week of January 15, 2018th


Locale:  Bangkok, Thailand


         I spent this past week in Bangkok, Thailand with the State Department once again.  It was a good week, a tiring one, but excellent overall.  The only wish I have, is that I could have gotten there early enough to tour the countryside a bit, or remained there a bit after class for the same reason.  Alas, I don't maintain my schedule, I only adhere to it.  I had to be in Chicago the week before the trip to cross-train a fellow instructor so we have a 'backup' to me on a specific course, and I have to be in NYC next Wednesday for a class.

         This was a great break to the winter weather, with temperatures being in the 70's to 80's all week.  Bangkok is a nice city, but once you're there a while, you realize it's just like every other large city.  The biggest drawback for me personally, is they drive on the wrong side of the road!  No rental car then, I just know I'd end up on the wrong side of their road, and possibly cause an accident.

         The class itself was a good success, with a few students wanting to meet with their manager to plan future classes to be delivered, with content being written/edited specifically for them.  So maybe I'll get back to Bangkok again, who knows?  If so, I'll try to arrange much the same flights as this time.  I was in business class because of the length of the flight, which made the whole journey a lot easier.  It was still a bit tough on me, but not that bad.  I found myself wondering how someone in coach can sit in those seats for 13 hours on the flight to Tokyo!

         I did manage to snap a few photo's, though they are all from downtown Bangkok.  On Monday before class began, I walked about 3 miles before catching a ride in a Tuk-Tuk.  My goal was the Wat Bowon Buddhist Temple, but it was a bit further than I anticipated, hence the Tuk-Tuk ride.



Tuk-Tuk


Erawan Shrine


Wat Bowon Temple


Bangkok Sunset




Historic/Interesting Places Visited:

         Asiatique-Sky Shopping Center          http://www.asiatique-sky.com

         Several of us walked this shopping center on Thursday night.  We split up some, agreeing to meet back at the Christmas Tree at 8pm.  I must have walked another mile or so at least in navigating my way around, but it was great fun.  I ended up dining at one of the numerous restaurants that dot the shopping center.


         I am currently home for a couple of days, and will leave again on Tuesday.  I will tell you where I am in my next post!  *Smile*  Til then, y'all stay warm as we trudge through winter.  If 'Down Under', stay cool in your summer!  Til my next entry...

© Copyright 2018 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/927519-One-Night-In-Bangkok