*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/927694-War-Chest-Wednesday-The-Robbery
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#927694 added January 24, 2018 at 11:36am
Restrictions: None
War Chest Wednesday: The Robbery
Wednesday, January 24, 2018

 16 is an Awesome and Mysterious Number  (ASR)
Reflections on the Mystery of the Number 16 in 16 lines.
#2146803 by Prosperous Snow celebrating

War Chest Wednesday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS From a previous challenger...
Have you ever been robbed? What kind of robbery was it? How did it change your life (or did it have no lasting impact)? If you've never been robbed, how do you think you'd react to it happening to you?

The Robbery

Several years ago--sometime in the last century--Mom and I came home to find someone had broken into the house. The person, who I found out later was a man, jimmied the lock on the sliding glass door. He rummaged through the house, took some money, a few pieces of costume jewelry, and one of the Dr. Peppers, which was in the refrigerator. I talked to the police that night, and the detective the next day; both were polite, helpful, and encouraging. None of the stolen items were recovered.


The experience made me more thankful and cautious. I'm thankful that Mom and I weren't home when the guy broke in, and that none of the cats were hurt or got out of the house through the sliding glass door that the guy left open. We had a burglar alarm installed afterwards, with a sign in the front yard. However, after talking to numerous people, I suspect all we needed to do was put the sign in the front yard.

© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/927694-War-Chest-Wednesday-The-Robbery