*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/928107-Midweek-Reflections-on-Lifes-Basic-Elements--Major-Changes
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#928107 added January 31, 2018 at 2:08pm
Restrictions: None
Midweek Reflections on Life's Basic Elements & Major Changes
Wednesday, January 31, 2018

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 1506
"Life was reduced to it's 4 basic elements: air, food, drink and a good friend." Sue Grafton What are your views on this?

Life's Basic Elements

I think good friends is one of the five or six basic elements of life, but I don't think it has the number four position. If we are breaking the elements of life down to only four components, than the fourth element is faith or spirituality. As a human being, I have a body and a soul, the first three element feed my body, but they do not nourish my soul. In order to thrive, the human spirit (soul) needs nourishment, which it receives from prayer, meditation, gratitude, reading the scriptures, and philanthropic acts. If I don't nourish my soul, than it does no good to nourish my body or to have good friends because I won't be able to appreciate or share the joys of daily life with them.

The "Blogging Circle of Friends DAY 1903
"All major changes are like death. You can't see to the other side until you are there.” ― Michael Crichton, Jurassic Park Let this quote inspire your blog entry.

Major Changes

I agree with Mr. Crichton's statement about major changes being like death. In fact, I believe that is the problem today, we (humanity) are going through a major change and it's terrifying most of the population. Most people know or feel that the change is occurring, but they don't know what that change is or what life will be like when get there. I believe that humanity and the planet is in crises because we are moving from a nation based culture or civilization to one that encompasses the entire planet. This crises has been slowly building since about the mid 1800s, and it is coming to a climax in the twenty-first century.

There is nothing we, as individuals or a nation, can do to stop this change, this transformation. Today both individuals and nations have only three choices. First, we can chose to assist this change, which means asking hard questions that require us to look at our beliefs. Second, we can chose to oppose the change, and work toward keeping the status quo. Third, we can do nothing and hope we will survive long enough to see what the world is like on the other side.

© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/928107-Midweek-Reflections-on-Lifes-Basic-Elements--Major-Changes