*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/928427-Monday-Contemplations-Betrayal-and-Holidays
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#928427 added February 5, 2018 at 2:28pm
Restrictions: None
Monday Contemplations: Betrayal and Holidays
Monday, February 5, 2018

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1511
What is betrayal to you? How many faces does it have? Who is to blame, the betrayed or the betrayer?

Betrayal

At 71 years young, I have been the betrayed and the betrayer, which I think is a common issues across the spectrum of humanity. After meditating upon both situations, I have come to the conclusion that individuals encounter these situations as part of the tests and difficulties of life in the material world. We encounter these situations as part of the instructions to our souls for the development of spiritual attributes. We encounter these situations in order to gain wisdom, and/or some other spiritual assist.


As to who is to blame, in these situations, that is for the individual who was the betrayed or the betrayer to determine for themselves. What does one do after determining who was to blame? That is up to the individual or individuals to decide. Sometimes asking forgiveness is all that is necessary, and, at other times, the best thing to do is determine the lesson and move on with your life.

The "Blogging Circle of Friends DAY 1907
Use these three nouns in today's blog entry: holiday, apartment, sun.

Holidays

I look at the calendar, I count the days until the next holiday. There are nineteen days until Ayyám-i-Há1, intercalary days, begins. This year there are five days, from February 25 to March 1, to celebrate before ‘Alá’ (Loftiness) and the nineteen-day fast begins. Even though, I'm too old to fast between sunrise and sunset, I look forward to saying the prayers revealed for the Fast. After the Fast ends, a New Year begins, with the celebration of Naw-Ruz.


Naw-Ruz

The sun crosses the vernal equinox,
spring has begun,
and Naw-Ruz
is celebrated.

Even though I live in an apartment, I look forward to celebrating Ayyám-i-Há and Naw-Ruz. There is less room to celebrate in a two-bedroom apartment than there was in a three-bedroom house. I can still say the prayers revealed for those days, because it doesn't take very much room to pray and meditate on the meaning of a holiday.


Footnotes
1  The Days of Há


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/928427-Monday-Contemplations-Betrayal-and-Holidays