*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/928496-El-Libro
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2147746
Gettin' to know me.
#928496 added February 23, 2018 at 1:47am
Restrictions: None
El Libro
There is a book that I have had the darndest time (excuse my potty mouth) trying to get my hands on.

Not only have I wanted to read this particular book for my own interests, but it fits one of the requirements for the reading activity I signed up for at "52 in 52.

I sent my eldest child (the one who is also on WDC) to the library to check the book out for me, as I was busy with the little kids, but she came home empty handed. Apparently the book was checked out.

I waited a week or so and hopped on over to the other library in town. The computer system promised the book was on the shelf.

Lies! The computer lied to me, folks!

Even the librarian wasn't successful in finding the book. She came back after a quick search shaking her head.
It was either stolen or misfiled.

sigh.

I finally decided to put the book on hold. No more wild searching of the shelves for me! The book was successfully set aside and I was able to pick it up at my convenience. I settled in my comfy chair, pulled the book from my library bag, and groaned.

It was written in Spanish.

*Brain* Fun fact: Besides being able to count to ten, I don't know a lick of Spanish.

So, ironically, the novel is Fahrenheit 451.

Seems the Powers that Be are trying to keep this book out of my grasp...












© Copyright 2018 Genipher (UN: geniphery at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Genipher has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/928496-El-Libro