*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/929532-BEYOND-IMAGINATION
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#929532 added February 27, 2018 at 12:19am
Restrictions: None
BEYOND IMAGINATION
If a man can meditate on ’What am I?’ ‘What is the body?’ ‘What is the mind?’ – then he can get beyond the darkness of ignorance and know the Root Cause.

Just as the well-frog wanting to know what the sea is like while stopping in his well, fails to do so, refusing to believe in the very existence of the sea, so also an unliberated man fails to understand salvation and thinks it is a figment of imagination. If one wants to know one’s own Self, that is to go beyond the cycle of birth and death, the thing cannot be achieved by mere argument – that state can only be obtained by stilling the mind.

Some are of opinion that it is impossible to conquer death. This is wrong. It is quite possible to conquer death. In some a particular power manifests itself whereas in others it does not. The reason is that one’s power is manifested in proportion to one’s efforts. The greatest efforts awaken the greatest power which alone can conquer death and take one beyond the cycle of birth and death.

Many men think thus, ‘As I do not possess this power, then no one else can have it.’ As a crow when it wants to hide food closes its eyes and thinks, ‘As I can’t see it no one else can’, so these people devoid of powers consider all others powerless like themselves. But it is highly improper to judge others according to one’s own standard.

The state which is beyond the imagination is regarded by some as nothing but imagination. But how can a person caught in the net of imagination form an idea of the state beyond imagination?

© Copyright 2018 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/929532-BEYOND-IMAGINATION