*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/930243-Text-vs-Audio
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#930243 added March 8, 2018 at 5:44pm
Restrictions: None
Text vs Audio
We discussed The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt at our most recent book club meeting. The first remark was the book was so heavy! Yes, 770 some pages, it would have been so much easier to read on my Kindle, but I didn't feel like buying it. I did like the book, as did thousands of others, and thoroughly enjoyed Tartt's prose.

After the book discussion we got off on a tangent of the pros and cons of audio books. I've only listened to one audio book in my life and that was Racing in the Rain, and that time was because it was the only copy available. I find when I listen to a book, my mind begins to wander and I have a hard time concentrating. I've tried listening to several but have given up and gone to the text version after about twenty minutes in. At the meeting others said they can follow the characters better on audio because they hear how to pronounce the names correctly. I make up my own pronunciation and as long as I'm consistent, I have no problem, think Ove.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2018 Happy May 2024! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy May 2024! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/930243-Text-vs-Audio