*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/930351-Ninth-Day-of-Fast
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#930351 added March 11, 2018 at 11:38am
Restrictions: None
Ninth Day of Fast
Jalál (Glory ), 9 ‘Alá’ (Loftiness) 174 B.E. - Saturday, March 10, 2018
Ninth Day of Fast

It is Saturday, March 9, the day of Glory, the month of Loftiness, the Ninth Day of Fast in the year 174 B.E. There are ten days left int the Loftiness and in the year 174 B.E. I am listening to Baha'i videos on YouTube as I write this, videos celebrating the appearance of Baha'u'llah and the 200th celebration of his birth. Listening to these videos makes me realize how lucky I am to have heard about and recognized Baha'u'llah, the promised one of all religions. Baha'u'llah has appeared through the mercy of God, without God's mercy the planet Earth would be lifeless.


This Face is hidden in the dust of slander: Where are the breezes of Thy compassion, O Mercy of the worlds?
Baha'u'llah1

Poem Written on the Ninth Day of Fast

The wind of divine mercy
blows across the Earth
taking to humanity
the blessing of God's Glory.

The wind of divine mercy
carries the grace
of the Almighty
to the souls
of those seeking
the favour
of the All-Bountiful.

The wind of divine mercy
is the loving kindness
of the Holy Spirit,
speaking through the Pen of Glory
who is Baha'u'llah.

The wind of divine mercy
is providence
to the soul of the individual,
and the compassion
of the of forgiveness.

Themes for Poems Written During the 19-Day Fast

*BoxCheckB* Baha'i month or days of week names for the theme used in Poems: Splendor "First Day of the 19-Day Fast, Glory "Second Day of Fast, Will "Third Day of Fast, Beauty "Motavational Monday: The Fourth Day of Fast, Knowledge "Fifth Day of Fast, Justice "Midweek Reflections on Justice, Grandeur "Thankful Thursday: Gratitude List, Light "Eighth Day of Fast, and Mercy "Ninth Day of Fast.
*BoxCheckR* Virtues Used: compassion "Silent Compassion and unity "Spheres of Influence.
*Box* Baha'i month names for the themes to use in Poems: Words, Perfection, Names, Might, Power, Speech, Questions, Honor, Sovereignty, Dominion, and Loftiness.
*Box* Week Day names for the themes to use in poems: Beauty, Perfection, Grace, Majesty, Independence, and Glory.
*Box* Virtues to Use: assertiveness, caring, cleanliness, commitment, assertiveness, caring, cleanliness, commitment, confidence, consideration, cooperation, courage, courtesy, creativity, detachment, determination, diligence, enthusiasm, excellence, flexibility, forgiveness, friendliness, generosity, gentleness, helpfulness, honesty, honor, humility, idealism, integrity, joyfulness, justice, kindness, love, loyalty, moderation, modesty, orderliness, patience, peacefulness, perseverance, purposefulness, reliability, respect, responsibility, self-discipline, service, tact, thankfulness, tolerance, trust, trustworthiness, truthfulness, understanding, and unity.confidence, consideration, cooperation, courage, courtesy, creativity, detachment, determination, diligence, enthusiasm, excellence, flexibility, forgiveness, friendliness, generosity, gentleness, helpfulness, honesty, honor, humility, idealism, integrity, joyfulness, justice, kindness, love, loyalty, moderation, modesty, orderliness, patience, peacefulness, perseverance, purposefulness, reliability, respect, responsibility, self-discipline, service, tact, thankfulness, tolerance, trust, trustworthiness, truthfulness, and understanding.

I have written a poem every day, since the beginning of Fast (March 2), and, as of today, I have written nine poems. When Fast ends, on the evening of March 20, I will have written 19 poems using the themes of the Baha'i months or days of the week. Lately, I've begun considering putting those poems into a single document. It would make it easier to edit and rewrite those poems, some of them need more work. My problem is editing and rewriting anything. However, at 71, I'm going to have to overcome this issue because otherwise I will die without attempting a decent rewrite, and I suspect that is one of the issues I have to overcome before ascending into the Abha Kingdom.


Footnotes
1  Bahá’í Prayers, Fire Tablet


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/930351-Ninth-Day-of-Fast