*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/930842-Sixteenth-Day-of-Fast
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#930842 added March 18, 2018 at 11:34am
Restrictions: None
Sixteenth Day of Fast
Jalál (Glory), 16 ‘Alá’ (Loftiness) 174 B.E. - Saturday, March 17, 2018
Sixteenth Day of Fast

"There are various stages and stations for the Fast and innumerable effects and benefits are concealed therein. Well is it with those who have attained unto them."
Baha’u’llah1

Poem Written on the Sixteenth Day of Fast

What is the glory of the Fast?
It is learning to let go of the past,
asking forgiveness
for all the sins of omission,
and those committed.

I contemplate the divine attribute of loftiness,
considering all the benefits,
effects,
stages,
and stations
of the nineteen-day fast.

There are some that I know,
or think I know,
while of others I am completely unaware.

All I can do at present
is as forgiveness and move forward,
as I learn to let go
of superstitions
and vain imaginings.

Themes for Poems Written During the 19-Day Fast

*BoxCheckB* Virtues, Baha'i month, or days of week names for the theme used in Poems: Splendor "First Day of the 19-Day Fast, Glory "Second Day of Fast, Will "Third Day of Fast, Beauty "Motavational Monday: The Fourth Day of Fast, Knowledge "Fifth Day of Fast, Justice "Midweek Reflections on Justice, Grandeur "Thankful Thursday: Gratitude List, Light "Eighth Day of Fast, Mercy "Ninth Day of Fast, Words "Tenth Day of Fast, Power "Motivational Monday: Eleventh Day of Fast, Grace "Twelfth Day of Fast, Perfection "Midweek Reflections on Thirteenth Day Of Fast, forgiveness "Thankful Thursday the Fourthteenth Day of Fast, Questions "Fifteenth Day of Fast, and Loftiness "Sixteenth Day of Fast .
*BoxCheckR* Virtues Used: compassion "Silent Compassion, unity "Spheres of Influence, detachment "Detachment, and generosity "Fun Fact Friday: Food and Generosity.
*Box* Baha'i month names for the themes to use in Poems: Names, Might, Speech, Honor, Sovereignty, Dominion, and .
*Box* Week Day names for the themes to use in poems: Beauty, Perfection, , Majesty, Independence, and Glory.
*Box* Virtues to Use: assertiveness, caring, cleanliness, commitment, confidence, consideration, cooperation, courage, courtesy, creativity, determination, diligence, enthusiasm, excellence, flexibility, friendliness, gentleness, helpfulness, honesty, honor, humility, idealism, integrity, joyfulness, justice, kindness, love, loyalty, moderation, modesty, orderliness, patience, peacefulness, perseverance, purposefulness, reliability, respect, responsibility, self-discipline, service, tact, thankfulness, tolerance, trust, trustworthiness, truthfulness, and understanding.

Footnotes
1  quoted in The Importance of Obligatory Prayer and Fasting.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/930842-Sixteenth-Day-of-Fast