*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/931159-Im-Not-Cut-Out-To-Be-A-Lab-Rat
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#931159 added March 21, 2018 at 8:12pm
Restrictions: None
I'm Not Cut Out To Be A Lab Rat
War Chest Wednesday! From the vault...


Would you allow your government the opportunity to give you anything and everything you want in life in exchange for allowing them to perform experiments on you randomly?
                   
         
         
         This begs the question, what sort of experiments? Will they be physical in nature accompanied by pain/torture, and permanently debilitating? Could they involve mind games with psychological pressures of isolation and deprivation? Wait a minute, would I be poked, probed, and prodded? Why do these ominous words all start with the letter 'p'?
          I can think of some other 'p' words I associate with experimentation, petrified and permanent. I run the risk of being burdened with permanent scars both physical and emotional. Is any of this worth selling my well-being and health? Do I really need/want short term comforts/luxuries? Would my life of "anything" be prematurely shortened due to these experiments?
         Apparently, this blog prompt provokes many questions. Obviously, there are many considerations.
         Government is not always a stable, benign entity. Political parties and their agendas come and go. Would an agreement be honoured by a future government? Would it be honoured by the ones initiating it? There are, unfortunately, government excesses, oversights, mismanagement, and blatant mistakes. Things can and do happen.
         Nope, no, nada, no way, I would not agree to become a government lab rat. This sounds as if I'd relinquish control of my body and my rights to further the gains of strangers. What do they hope to accomplish, and at what cost to me?
         I'd like to believe that I am impervious to bribery, that there is nothing I crave so intensely that I would jeopardize myself. I want to live my life on my terms, for better or worse.

© Copyright 2018 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/931159-Im-Not-Cut-Out-To-Be-A-Lab-Rat