*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/932370-everything-is-green
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Rhyssa
Rated: NPL · Book · Personal · #2150723
a journal
#932370 added April 8, 2018 at 8:06pm
Restrictions: None
everything is green
Prompt: What has Spring sprung into?

I see the marks of spring all around me. Today, the dogwoods were in full bloom and the azaleas were starting to show pink petals through the green of their leaves. We are finished with yellow daffodils in our yard. All the remaining daffodils are white with a touch of yellow at the top of their cups.

And it’s cold. I can feel the chill in my bedroom where I’m typing, and last night I wore thicker pajamas because I was cold. Of course, cold is a natural condition for me. But I felt it in a way I didn’t want to last night.

The trees are showing green, not the faint touches that are the harbinger of spring, but the stronger green that proves that spring is here. The magnolias are blooming. Not the evergreen magnolias that will send out their blossoms later, but the ones that have been bare before and now are full. And we have cherry blossoms.

Here, spring is ups and downs and a flooding river and thunderstorms and gentle rain that lasts for a week and green. So green. Our front lawn is full of a crop of purple headed weeds because there hasn’t been a day that it was dry enough to mow. Or if there was, it was a busy day.

Too soon, I’ll be braving the damp heat of summer, the humidity that makes it hard to breathe, but now, it is cool and pollen is on every breeze so that cars are coated in green and the trees are green and the flowers are blooming in pinks and whites and yellows and the lawn is purple green, and it is spring.

© Copyright 2018 Rhyssa (UN: sadilou at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rhyssa has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/932370-everything-is-green