*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/933556-sticky-webs
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Rhyssa
Rated: NPL · Book · Personal · #2150723
a journal
#933556 added April 27, 2018 at 11:38pm
Restrictions: None
sticky webs
“Sometimes love is nothing more than a sticky web; illusions spun from clever minds and bitter hearts.” ― Nicole Lyons

"Good God, no. The lies we tell other people are nothing to the lies we tell ourselves.”
― Derek Landy, Death Bringer

What's worse--- telling someone the truth and hurting their feelings or lying to them to spare their feelings?

I personally would rather someone told me a truth than a lie. I would rather hear truth in such a way that it wasn’t cruel. That’s one of my rants—honesty doesn’t mean cruel, and when people say something in such a way that it was said just to hurt, that’s not being honest.

I think in such an instance, I would rather keep quiet than lie or hurt someone with an unpleasant truth. For example, there are things I don’t tell my mother, true things that would hurt her because they are behaviors that are ingrained for all her life, and even though they hurt me, I love her enough that I don’t want her to be hurt by something she couldn’t change. Because of that, sometimes I refuse to answer a question or to say anything at all because I don’t lie, but I can’t say that truth that would hurt her.

Sometimes, when my blood sugar was high or I was generally irritable, I have said it. And every time I do, I feel cruel, and I don’t like that feeling. So I avoid it.

Love is giving the ability to hurt us to someone who we trust not to.

© Copyright 2018 Rhyssa (UN: sadilou at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rhyssa has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/933556-sticky-webs