*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/934168-Good-News-Bad-News
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2076320
A third blog? A good idea? A fresh start? A disaster? An omen? ...who knows anything?
#934168 added May 8, 2018 at 12:47pm
Restrictions: None
Good News Bad News

After the high of a lovely day out in London came the lows of suffering from the most horrendous cold ever. And I exaggerate not. Maybe it's my advancing years, the stress of life at present or the type of bugs lurking, but I can honestly say I don't ever remember having a cold so severe or for so long. I've had to cancel several social appointments and have barely moved from the house in the last two weeks.

But the good news is I have decided to join my friends when they travel to Tuscon, Arizona in November for a month. I haven't had a holiday since my husband passed and really don't fancy going anywhere alone. They have asked me several times to join them, but memories of our trips to the USA would be too painful. However, this time they're flying and unlike trips before I shall be staying in one place in my own accommodation and hopefully just recharging batteries and enjoying some sunshine. I hate November in England as you well know. Just need to get rid of this bug before then and a Lottery win would also be very welcome.

My son has been cleared of all charges against him and his bail is lifted, so thankfully that's one less problem. He is going to rent a property temporarily fairly close to where I live in a lovely, quiet area with plenty of room for the children. In theory their mother will take them to school in Derby in the week and he will have them at weekends and other opportunities during the week and holidays. I think the children will be better off with this arrangement, though we still have many concerns about their mother and her erratic behaviour.

But, this morning my son was all set to leave for a week of work in London after dropping the children off at school when he received a phone call to say their mother has been admitted to hospital so he has had to abandon all plans, pick up the children from school and return to the house in Derby, which he's not too thrilled about. We gather it's a mental health ward she's been admitted to so what happens next we have no idea. As usual it's one day at a time sweet Jesus.

© Copyright 2018 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/934168-Good-News-Bad-News