*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/934302-I-ONLY-LOVE-YOU
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#934302 added May 10, 2018 at 11:54am
Restrictions: None
I ONLY LOVE YOU
I don't know what's best for me or you or the world.
I don't try to impose my will on you or on anyone else.
I don't want to change you or improve you or convert you or help you or heal you.

I just welcome things as they come and go.
That's true love. The best way of leading people is to let them find their own way.

One day, a few years after I first found The Work inside me, my sons began to fight in our living room. I was sitting on the couch, very close to them. They were two grown men, in their twenties, and here they were on the floor, wrestling and pummeling each other and yelling, "Mom, Mom, make him stop!" All I saw were two men trying to connect, not knowing another way.

I sat there just watching them, just loving them, and in that moment I didn't have the slightest thought of intervening. There was no doing, no trickery to it.

And suddenly they noticed, and they stopped fighting. I loved that they found their own solution. That was the last time they ever fought.

© Copyright 2018 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/934302-I-ONLY-LOVE-YOU